PDA

View Full Version : Infinity router bits?

Dan Forman
07-30-2005, 8:50 PM
Two questions:

Has anyone used the Infinity Insert-Pro raised panel bit? These have carbide inserts which allow you to change profiles for just $29.90.
http://www.infinitytools.com/departments.asp?dept=1256

Has anyone used any of their other bits? I saw the thread where David introduced himself and product to the Creek, but haven't seen much other mention of this brand since then.

I need to buy a bunch of bits, so could use some opinions before going ahead. The Insert-Pro thing sounds like a good idea, at least on paper.

Dan

Jack Norfleet
07-30-2005, 9:48 PM
I have a few of their bits including a raised panel door set. The insert-pro appears to be pretty new as I have not noticed it in their catalog before this week.

The quality is very good and the price is right. I am eyeing their dado blade given the positive reviews I have read.

My biggest issue is that they are a Florida based company so I have to pay both shipping and sales tax which cuts into the savings.

Otherwise, I have been very pleased with their service and their quality.

Kirk (KC) Constable
07-31-2005, 1:08 AM
When I see these replaceable, insertable, interchangeable cutters, I think 'Craftsman molding head cutter'...a tool which has always frightened me. Something about tightening a set screw to hold a very sharp cutter(s) on a spinning shank just doesn't make sense to me. If I need four profiles, I'm buying four separate bits.

KC

Norman Hitt
07-31-2005, 2:20 AM
Dan, I haven't used any of the Infinity insert bits, but I do have a complete set of the CMT "NOVA" insert bits, and they have worked Great. This set does not include any bits with a diameter as large as what you are talking about though. If, however they work as well as my NOVA set, you should be very pleased with them.

I only posted this, because I had always been LEERY of insert bits just like KC, but I can find no fault with the ones I have. I have not bought any of the Infinity bits yet, because I haven't bought ANY bits since Infinity went into business. It appears, from the comments I've seen, that their bits are as good as or better than the old Jesada Bits, and I have quite a few of them and no complaints of their quality.

Jim Hager
07-31-2005, 7:42 AM
I haven't purchased any of their router bits but I did buy 5 shaper cutters from them a while back. Wonderful job on the tooling and they cut very well. I'm needing to send one set off for sharpening but then I have done nearly 300 rp doors with it since I got them. Pretty good stuff at a good price too.

Tim Leo
07-31-2005, 8:04 AM
I have their dado cutter set...excellent quality. I'll buy from them again next time I need something.