PDA

View Full Version : File help

Bert Kemp
02-26-2015, 3:17 PM
Does anyone have a dxf , cdr, eps file of 4 ace's playing cards fanned out. In vector form.
I found a few on the net but there in so many layers that when I try breaking them up they get all misconbogoggled.

Mark Sipes
02-26-2015, 3:35 PM
Will these work

Bert Kemp
02-26-2015, 5:03 PM
Thats one of the ones I found and when you remove the fill its a mess and I can't seem to separate the underneath stuff.
307939I need the front ace of hearts and the back 3 with out all that understuff.
I've tried to take that stuff out but I just get it all messed up.

I just found a way to remove all the junk 1 line at a time, its gonna take a while but I think I can do it.
Thanks for the reply

Ross Moshinsky
02-26-2015, 5:19 PM
You need to learn your software better. I'll drop a few hints.

1. Use Inkscape to trace images. Should import perfectly.
2. Take vectors and make high resolution images and engrave the images. Fastest and easiest method.
3. Get very familiar with combining paths. Time consuming but sometimes necessary.

Rich Harman
02-26-2015, 5:26 PM
This took about three minutes using the Virtual Segment Delete tool;

BTW, the dimension of those cards isn't right. Should be 2.25" x 3.5" with 1/8" radius.

Bert Kemp
02-26-2015, 5:32 PM
well taht didn't work, I deleted all the lines I didn't want but when I imported it into laser cut It said it was a bit map and I could only engrave it. I want to cut the lines, any Ideas

Bert Kemp
02-26-2015, 5:36 PM
Ross I can't figure inkscape at all and I need it to vector cut not engrave.
Rich don't know what you sent me but it crashed my corel draw I have x5.

Rich Harman
02-26-2015, 5:47 PM
Rich don't know what you sent me but it crashed my corel draw I have x5.

The forum software adds a ".html" that you will need to delete.

Rich Harman
02-26-2015, 6:05 PM
Try this one, I corrected the scale. You can select each card and enter a rotation value to fan them differently if you like.

Rich Harman
02-26-2015, 6:14 PM
The forum software adds a ".html" that you will need to delete.

Also, by default Windows hides known extensions. That makes it pretty difficult to remove the ".html" because it is not visible.

You need to go into "Folder Options" and un-tick the "Hide extensions for known file types" check box. Then you will be able to see it and rename by deleting the ".html".

Mark Sipes
02-26-2015, 7:23 PM
Bert in the original cdr filel all you had to do was ungroup and each card was individual ... Delete what you don't want, Weld the rest..... not sure what you are trying to do... you must need software that does not read the color white....... I guess

Bert Kemp
02-27-2015, 9:57 AM
You need to learn your software better. I'll drop a few hints.

1. Use Inkscape to trace images. Should import perfectly.
2. Take vectors and make high resolution images and engrave the images. Fastest and easiest method.
3. Get very familiar with combining paths. Time consuming but sometimes necessary.

What is combining Paths? what does it do ?

Scott Shepherd
02-27-2015, 10:25 AM
What is combining Paths? what does it do ?

It takes multiple objects and treats them as one object. If you imagine the letter "O", when it's a font, it's one object, so to speak. If you convert it to curves and break it apart, it becomes two objects, the inside and the outside. The outside, if you fill it, will fill completely because it sees it as a circle like shape with nothing in the middle. If you select the two objects (the inside and the outside of the "O", and hit combine, it makes it into an object that has an outside and inside to it. It's very commonly used when you are converting text to curves and breaking them apart to manipulate them. You'll see all the centers of letters go black. You just select them all and hit combine and it'll fix them all.

Bert Kemp
02-27-2015, 10:59 AM
Thanks Scott appreciate the info and I'll try it out.

It takes multiple objects and treats them as one object. If you imagine the letter "O", when it's a font, it's one object, so to speak. If you convert it to curves and break it apart, it becomes two objects, the inside and the outside. The outside, if you fill it, will fill completely because it sees it as a circle like shape with nothing in the middle. If you select the two objects (the inside and the outside of the "O", and hit combine, it makes it into an object that has an outside and inside to it. It's very commonly used when you are converting text to curves and breaking them apart to manipulate them. You'll see all the centers of letters go black. You just select them all and hit combine and it'll fix them all.

Graham Taylor
02-27-2015, 12:54 PM
I used this when I was welding some text the other day (after some help from the good folks on here of course)

Bill George
02-27-2015, 12:55 PM
The sad part about using Corel is at least around here anyway everyone uses Adobe products. IF you wanted to take a evening class to learn Corel and its not going to happen. They just do Photoshop and Illustrator.

Chris J Anderson
02-27-2015, 6:52 PM
The sad part about using Corel is at least around here anyway everyone uses Adobe products. IF you wanted to take a evening class to learn Corel and its not going to happen. They just do Photoshop and Illustrator.

Hey Bill,
If you would like to learn some Corel, I strongly suggest you purchase the "corel 6 unleashed" cd from Graphics Unleashed.

Its one of the best tutorials I've ever done, you will learn some awesome tricks and basics for corel.

cheers,
Chris

Hannu Rinne
02-28-2015, 6:30 AM
I hope this will help ?

Regards,
Hannu

Rich Harman
02-28-2015, 7:46 PM
So I did it for you, attached it, and included a picture in post #9. Is that not what you needed???

Bert Kemp
03-01-2015, 1:06 AM
Rich I said Thank you for your help think I even sent you a PM
So I did it for you, attached it, and included a picture in post #9. Is that not what you needed???

Rich Harman
03-01-2015, 12:25 PM
Rich I said Thank you for your help think I even sent you a PM

I didn't see anything like that, and I have no PMs from you. The only thing you said to me was that the first file crashed your Corel.

I would just like to know if the file I posted is what you needed. And if it isn't what you needed, what about it didn't work for you?