PDA

View Full Version : Clamps at T.S.C.

Steve Ash
07-30-2005, 7:59 PM
Hi all,
I hope this is a good find that some of you can take advantage of. A while back we needed a bunch of those Jorgensen bar clamps for a project. We paid about $16.00 at a local establishment for a 24" bar clamp (we needed them asap) Later on I bought a few more at Menards for 10.99 which is better.
Yesterday I went to the local Tractor Supply store for some casters for a mobile clamp storage cart and found some clamps that are very close to the Jorgensen style ( if it weren't for color you'd think they were the same) these clamps are made by Babco and were $5.98 for a 24" clamp. I bought a couple just to compare and after a bit of testing I couldn't see any difference. They hold fine.
Maybe some of you have also found them and if so, what are your thoughts?

Allen Bookout
07-31-2005, 8:37 PM
Thanks for the post! I need clamps and will take a look tomorrow if I get a chance. It sure would be nice to find good clamps at a decent price. It seems to me that the price of clamps has gotten way out of hand. Allen

Larry Norton
08-01-2005, 8:56 AM
Steve, they're building a TSC nearby now. I can't wait until they open!

Allen Bookout
08-01-2005, 9:21 AM
Steve, I think that you may have lucked out. I looked at the TSC web site and they do not list bar clamps. This morning I called the local TSC and they do not have any, nor have they seen any. I will keep checking and hope that they arrive someday. Alllen

Dan Gill
08-01-2005, 10:41 AM
I bought some at the TSC in Decatur, TX a couple of weeks ago. They didn't have many, and I bought all they had. I'll check again this week.

Todd Davidson
08-01-2005, 6:48 PM
I recently picked up several 24" Babco clamps (made by Olympia tools) - when I needed some in a pinch on a job - at a local Ocean State Job Lot for $5.88 each. They had a boat load of 'em. Can't complain about quality or price.

Steve Ash
08-01-2005, 7:50 PM
They didn't have many, and I bought all they had. I'll check again this week.[/QUOTE]

Same here...all they had was a few of each size, but the store manager said to just call or visit and have the sku number and they would order the quantities you need as a rain check...e.g if you needed a dozen of the 18" clamps then they would order them for you at the posted price.
As a note...I used my clamps again today and put the couple from TSC in intermittentally and never noticed a bit of difference.

Corey Hallagan
08-01-2005, 9:30 PM
I have both the Jorgies and the Babcock ones and they work alongside each other just fine :) I gave them a good workout when building my shop cabinets.

Corey