PDA

View Full Version : material advice for dual coloured sign

Graham Taylor
02-26-2015, 12:47 PM
I have been asked if I can produce a sign which is simillar to one they have screen printed. This is for pan UK franchise restaurant chain and it would be nice to win this and maybe get more business with them

Currently they have clear acrylic which has a silver backing stuck to the rear and the text and logo printed onto the front (I think) - the logo is in red and the text is in black.

I realise that I can engrave clear acrylic from the rear and then paint fill with black for the text and red for the logo and then put a silver backing sheet over it.

Is this the best method and material to do this?

Is there a laserable material out there that already has a silver backing that I could engrave through and then just paint fill the text and logo? Is there a triple layer coloured material that I could just engrave at different depths for each colour?

Mark Sipes
02-26-2015, 1:02 PM
Rowmark makes a silver backed Reverse lazerable material. I have produced 4 color plaques in this manner. Rowmark also produced a tri-colored laminate , but now I believe it is special order only

Ross Moshinsky
02-26-2015, 1:42 PM
More often than not, if something is screen printed, you won't be able to make it better/faster/cheaper. In the time you're doing 1 sign, they're doing 10.

In my opinion, your job is to sell them on another version of the product or convince them your product is worth the extra money.