PDA

View Full Version : Laser Shopping - Software limits

Lynn Misanti
02-24-2015, 11:13 AM
Question or questions for you all:

We are in the market for a new laser. My boss is looking at getting a 75w Epilog.

Can this machine run using GravoStyle 5?

We have had nothing but trouble with GravoGraph customer service lately so we do not want to head in that direction. However, learning new software and converting our customer files during our busy time would not be a productive idea.

Basically, can we get an Epilog in to use our current software until the summer slow period when we can convert to a new system?

Bruce Clumpner
02-24-2015, 11:40 AM
Haven't used GravoStyle, but if it uses normal windows printing you should be able to connect with the Epilog print driver

Lynn Misanti
02-24-2015, 11:57 AM
It can do both normal printing and they have the laser icon. There was a recently software issue that customer service screwed up our drivers and until they could figure out what they did we had to use the Print method to run anything on that machine.

Ross Moshinsky
02-24-2015, 1:51 PM
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?226136-Can-Gravostyle-software-work-on-non-Gravograph-Lasers

As I told you previously, you can run any laser from Gravostyle. Also I recommend you look at Epilog, Universal, and Trotec. Your LS800 will probably be about 30-40% faster when raster engraving compared to the Epilog and Universal. I know my tests have shown that when comparing my VLS 6.60 and LS100.

Lynn Misanti
02-24-2015, 2:37 PM
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?226136-Can-Gravostyle-software-work-on-non-Gravograph-Lasers

As I told you previously, you can run any laser from Gravostyle. Also I recommend you look at Epilog, Universal, and Trotec. Your LS800 will probably be about 30-40% faster when raster engraving compared to the Epilog and Universal. I know my tests have shown that when comparing my VLS 6.60 and LS100.

I have to reassure my boss that this is doable because the Gravo rep just told him it wasn't. It is our LS800 that keeps glitching on us with no end to the repairs in sight. He wants to replace that one with a 75w machine. It is really sad that our workhorse is the 25W older machine because the LS800 is so glitchy.