PDA

View Full Version : If someone need an upgrade on their light shaper hood.....

Larry Edgerton
02-22-2015, 8:24 AM
Found this. http://www.amazon.com/ACCURA-shaper-fence-assembly-complete/dp/B000HEV01M

Cheap way to get a hood that is adjustable on both sides. Or, for that price you could have the best Router table fence ever!

Peter Quinn
02-22-2015, 9:49 AM
I actually ordered that exact thing and received it once. Its pretty much junk, I returned it. Its almost exactly the same design as the ones on the green tools with the large fierce woodland creature on the front. Sort of a rip off of the very old PM27 hoods. Adjustments are crude, fence plates were not square in either plane. My $.02...skip that one, you could make a better one with some birch plywood in a couple of hours. You could make it work, but its a struggle.

The Delta X5 hoods were sold as an accessory for a while, I put one on an old delta 3HP to replace the stock hood, they are a real nice hood, though the price went from $350ish to $499ish to not sure if they are still sold. I haven't found anything else sub $1k, and much is way above that. PM lists the hood from the 2700 shaper as a single unit for around $1500, panhans sells one, SCMI, Felder, all $$$ and large.

Larry Edgerton
02-22-2015, 11:09 AM
Well then, never mind.:D

I have never seen one in person. I was actually looking for Aigner stuff when I ran across this. I just missed an auction a while ago that had 4 SCM hoods with all the readouts. Four hoods new went for $700. I was sick. The Uni has an exact copy of the older Martin fences, but I would still love to have readouts.

David Kumm
02-22-2015, 11:31 AM
Larry, I'm sick too. Those SCMI hoods with the readout and mounting plate go for 5K if you try to buy separately. Needless to say they don't sell them separately. Dave

Larry Edgerton
02-22-2015, 5:28 PM
Larry, I'm sick too. Those SCMI hoods with the readout and mounting plate go for 5K if you try to buy separately. Needless to say they don't sell them separately. Dave

Well, you can bet if I ever find an active auction like that again I will be calling you. At $175 a piece a guy could not go wrong.

Peter Quinn
02-22-2015, 6:12 PM
I could do with one of those SCMI hoods myself. I seem to recall getting a price on an SCMI hood with dual micro adjustment and readouts a while back, you're saying they don't actually sell them except with a machine? Curious, maybe I was quoted something different?

David Kumm
02-22-2015, 6:44 PM
I could do with one of those SCMI hoods myself. I seem to recall getting a price on an SCMI hood with dual micro adjustment and readouts a while back, you're saying they don't actually sell them except with a machine? Curious, maybe I was quoted something different?

I was quoted 5500 so I was being sarcastic about them not selling separately. I did buy a T130 with the hood for less than that. 307575 Dave