PDA

View Full Version : Battery Powered Coffee Grinder

Jim Koepke
02-21-2015, 2:01 PM
The local supermarket renovated the coffee display of premium coffees. I thought I checked to get ground beans, but was mistaken.

My old hand crank grinder is just too slow. Back when it was bought the kids would all line up to "do the grind." Kids are all grown with young ones of their own so something else had to be done.

A little work with a few tools and some innovation and voila, battery powered coffee grinder:

I think I will still double check the bags of coffee next time we need some.
jtk

Steve Rozmiarek
02-21-2015, 4:07 PM
LOL, I like that Jim. I would have expected you to use a goodall and pratt breast drill or something though...

Malcolm Schweizer
02-21-2015, 5:33 PM
Genius. Pure genius.

Judson Green
02-21-2015, 6:02 PM
LOL, I like that Jim. I would have expected you to use a goodall and pratt breast drill or something though...

Yeah Jim I thought you'd have done that Neanderthal style too. But I suppose hand grinding would take forever. You'd probably need a cup or two before you got started.

Jim Koepke
02-21-2015, 6:48 PM
You'd probably need a cup or two before you got started.

Actually got dressed early and went out to the shop to get the tools to start the daily grind. First batch ground went in to the coffee maker.

I would have expected you to use a goodall and pratt breast drill or something though...

That would have had less torque advantage than the original handle. Maybe a 6" brace would have been better if I had one.

With the Makita it went a lot faster than I could do by hand.

jtk