PDA

View Full Version : looking to buy a decent inexpensive face shield, preferably from amazon

cody michael
02-21-2015, 9:04 AM
I was looking at a face shield for turning. I don't have tons of money. Anyone own one they can suggest

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_sc_0_7?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=face+shield&sprefix=faceshi%2Caps%2C297

Greg McClurg
02-21-2015, 9:20 AM
I use the Uvex S8510 Bionic Shield. Comfortable and much better than the 2 shields I used previously, and a very reasonable price.

Greg

Bob Bergstrom
02-21-2015, 9:20 AM
I would ship the first and get the longer one. It is 2" longer and will help prevent chips from coming under it. It also will give better protection to the neck area. I have a bionic and wouldn't buy less. My face is ugly enough without bowl damage:eek:

cody michael
02-21-2015, 9:48 AM
what's the difference between special and uvex bionic shield. Other then price 20 vs 35

Jeffrey J Smith
02-21-2015, 10:22 AM
anti-fog coating for one thing- it's worth it. It also could be rated z81+ rather than the older stock that only met z81 impact standard.

Roger Chandler
02-21-2015, 10:26 AM
The uvex bionic faceshield has a much better adjustment strap for your head.......you will get a much better fit and be more comfortable in the long run than with a cheaper unit. The anti fog coating is a great feature, and you have enough clearance to easily wear eye glasses underneath. The lens portion can be replaced if needed and from my own personal experience ..........it took a pretty good whack from a log piece a couple years ago, and the wood bounced off it and down behind my lathe. Without it, I could have lost teeth and needed stitches and avoided a trip to the emergency room!

Yeah..........I am a fan!

Al Launier
02-21-2015, 10:41 AM
Bionic +++++

John Altberg
02-21-2015, 11:51 AM
Can't agree more with what has been said already. You will forget you are wearing the Uvex, as it is SO comfortable. There is also plenty of room for a respirator and the anti-fog is WELL worth the added cost!

cody michael
02-21-2015, 12:49 PM
Thanks, I ordered the bionic, it shoul be here next week! Amazon prime is great