PDA

View Full Version : Using rotary fixture for tapered glass

Mike Pizzino
02-20-2015, 9:54 PM
Trying to laser a logo on a glass that is tapered. Glass is 3.75 at top and 2.75 at bottom and 6 inches tall. The logo is 2 inches wide and 2.5 inches tall. No matter how I place the glass in the fixture the logo comes out tapered with 2 inches wide at top and 1.75 inches wide at bottom. Epilog support sent the formula for lasering a circle but it does work with a rectangle. The problem seems to be the glass is turning at a faster speed at the top of the logo and slower at the bottom. Anyone have any ideas how to use the rotary fixture for this application? I could build a jig and laser the glass laying flat but would prefer to use the rotary fixture. The file is a bitmap so I am not able to make it wider at the bottom using the Corel Envelope tool and I don't have a way to convert the file to a vector.

Dan Hintz
02-21-2015, 9:10 PM
Stretching the bitmap is the correct way to solve the problem. There are multiple threads discussing this in years past... I know, I've been in on most of them.

Mike Pizzino
02-22-2015, 7:21 AM
Thanks Dan. I have heard I can send the bitmap to a company called Trace4Less and have it converted to a vector. Is there a way to stretch the bitmap myself?

Glen Monaghan
02-22-2015, 8:27 AM
Most any "paint" program (Photoshop, PaintshopPro, etc.) will do it.