PDA

View Full Version : Leather Whole HIde

Junior hall
02-20-2015, 7:01 PM
What is the going rate for cow hide whole and water buffalo hide whole and remnants ( scrap ) All different colors and thickness

Bert Kemp
02-20-2015, 9:41 PM
Junior thats like asking how much a car cost come on . Do some research on your own you have a computer and goggle . Search Tandy leather or leather unlimited.

Mike Troncalli
02-20-2015, 9:56 PM
I'm with Bert on this as well. Also you still need to add your signature so people know wht equipment you have.

Junior hall
02-20-2015, 11:05 PM
Sorry Bert never heard of the company's Im still learning all of this stuff i do apologies to all

Junior Hall
Boss laser
engravelab 9v

Jeffrey Dewing
02-21-2015, 1:58 AM
I was reading on this site and someone mentioned a place in Maine, USA. I'm in New Hampshire and it's a state up from me. Way up north called Brettuns Village. They have all kinds of leather, and it's amusing reading if you understand yankee humor. Check out the web site...

Junior hall
02-21-2015, 9:15 AM
Ok i done some research and a full cow hide full hide goes from any where from 180 -200 to 350 bucks all depending on which site you go to. This is what i seen on several different web sites. They range from 180 to 200 to 350.

The reason i asked this question was i got a person that has thousands of whole cow hides and water buffalo hides and tons of remnants ( scrap ) all sizes and colors. The remnants rage between 4x4inches to as much as 2ftx2ft

Whole cow hide rage between 8 foot to 9 foot whole hide all colors

Also water buffalo whole hides all different colors

Thanks Bert for letting me know of the leather sites as like said i didn't know nothing about them sites thanks

STILL A NEWBY LEARNING MY WAY
Junior Hall
Boss laser
engravelab 9v

Bill George
02-21-2015, 9:28 AM
Junior, you should or will be learning all your life!

However I think this Forum has a very large percentage of people who are above average both in skill and knowledge. Not just lasers but just overall knowledge. Amazing.

Junior hall
02-21-2015, 11:46 AM
Bill we are all smart knowledgeable in one way or another in one field of work or another We have are strength and weakness in things. My weakness is in computers. My strength is with animals training them. I guess this is why i still have the opportunity to work with some of Hollywood's elite for animals in movies and Tia on Pitts Bulls and Parolees because of my knowledge with animals how they think and how to train them

Your knowledgeable with lasers where as im not until i get more involved with lasers and to better understand the workings and the language that is used with lasers

So to say im more above average than you are in animals such as your above average with lasers than i am So we are equal as im no less than perfect as the next person that is learning laser machines. I will leave it at that but thanks i will learn what i can about lasers i wont bother

Matt McCoy
02-21-2015, 12:50 PM
Bill we are all smart knowledgeable in one way or another in one field of work or another We have are strength and weakness in things. My weakness is in computers. My strength is with animals training them. I guess this is why i still have the opportunity to work with some of Hollywood's elite for animals in movies and Tia on Pitts Bulls and Parolees because of my knowledge with animals how they think and how to train them

Your knowledgeable with lasers where as im not until i get more involved with lasers and to better understand the workings and the language that is used with lasers

So to say im more above average than you are in animals such as your above average with lasers than i am So we are equal as im no less than perfect as the next person that is learning laser machines. I will leave it at that but thanks i will learn what i can about lasers i wont bother

Hey Junior: I don't see any drawbacks from learning your whole life and trying new things.

If you need a whole side, the places mentioned are fine. If you Google around, you can compare the different prices and determine what you would need/want.

Here's a chart that was passed along to me to help get started:

http://www.townsendleather.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/70-AverageHideChart.pdf

I like vegetable-tanned leather for laser engraving/cutting and think you should add these folks to your research:

http://www.wickett-craig.com/

Bill George
02-21-2015, 12:54 PM
Hey, how much is a whole cow? Sorry.

Junior hall
02-21-2015, 2:01 PM
Thanks a bunch (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/member.php?91861-Matt-McCoy) Matt McCoy it always helps to have more than one resource to go to thanks so much boss (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/member.php?91861-Matt-McCoy)

Just at times i am over whelmed at things the more i see the more i got to learn more about this laser business It is not like training dog business jump in and go Laser business is another bull to grab a hold of and wrestle with Thanks once again to all that has helped me with these billions of questions

Junior Hall
Boss laser
engravelab 9v

Junior hall
02-21-2015, 3:08 PM
Ok i got some answers for all

What type of leather - Answer poultry leather thin contrast leather used for sofas chairs high end yachts and air crafts Cowhide and Water buffalo hide all different colors also used for drums snares moccasins.

What size leather - Answer whole hide full hide 40 to 60 sq foot USA quality standard Average 46 to 50 sq ft Nothing been cut off any thing that is cut off is not considered whole hide

Hope this helps any one as i got a source for this along with remnants also by the pound. $2.75 a pound

Whole cow hide $150.00 Whole hide. This includes free shipping
Water buffalo $150.00 Whole hide. This includes free shipping

Junior Hall
Boss laser
engravelab 9v

Mike Chance in Iowa
02-22-2015, 12:52 PM
Just at times i am over whelmed at things the more i see the more i got to learn more about this laser business It is not like training dog business jump in and go Laser business is another bull to grab a hold of and wrestle with

Whoa now. I'm going to completely disagree with this statement. You don't just "jump in and go" with a dog training business either. You make a decision as to what type of training you will do - family pet, obedience, protection, agility, tracking, service dogs, guide dogs, etc. You learn different training techniques - clicker, positive reinforcement, Kohler, compulsion, lure-reward, electric, etc. You decide what types of customers you will target - families, World competition-level Schutzhund handlers, border patrol, sheep farmers, at-home senior citizens, etc.

In any business venture you decide upon, you need to do your research or you are setting yourself up for failure. This forum is more than willing to help you out Junior, but if you choose not to do your own research and continue to post such vague questions, people will start to ignore your posts. As I stated in a previous response, you need to provide us with more details. You post asking what the going rate of a cow hide is. We have no idea what country you are in, nor do we know if the hide has been tanned.

Scott Shepherd
02-22-2015, 1:08 PM
What type of leather - Answer poultry leather thin contrast leather used for sofas chairs high end yachts and air crafts

Poultry leather? That's a new one for me ;)

I'm guessing you mean upholstery leather?

Junior hall
02-22-2015, 1:41 PM
Well Mike Chance i jumped into dog training business with both feet and done dern good and still doing good at it. I do alot of different types of training most dual purpose police and military style training and service dog work So yes you can jump into a business with both feet and do good Luckily it worked for me sorry if it didn't work for you. I spent years studying dog training and then went to school for it plus also i all ready had customers clientele as also i done my research on the types i wanted to specialize in. So yes you can jump both feet into some thing if you research things and constantly studied things and listened to other trainers what they did wrong at the beginning so not to do what they did to be set back Just like with laser engraving i done some research but NOT ENOUGH to suit some peoples opinions and knowledge Yes Ive watched videos and read things but until i got my machine Boss Laser i found this forum. I guess i didnt do enough research before i bought the machine. I guess i should have found this site first before i bought the machine to be a expert. I guess i live and learn Next time i venture into some thing i will look for experts to ask questions like a forum like this

Scott Shepherd sorry for the typo it is upholstery upholstery. Im not perfect (https://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=AwrBT4djH.pUtDwAsgdXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTE4 M2xsdTRtBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDU01FOTI3XzEEc2 VjA3Fzcy1xcnc-?ei=UTF-8&fr=ytff1-&p=upholstery&fr2=12642&fr=ytff1-)

Junior Hall
Boss laser
engravelab 9v

Bert Kemp
02-22-2015, 2:19 PM
It would also help people to help you if you listed your location in the upper right side. You can do this either in your profile page or your settings page not sure which. Knowing your location will help people when you ask questions like how much something is or where you can find some thing. After all do you think leather cost the same in Bangladesh as does in Topeka Kansas. Or can we say the local HD has that if you line in Antarctica.
You say you jumped into dog training both feet and did well but thats not really true is it. You said you studied for yrs and did research and worked with other trainers, Thats not jumping in both feet thats learning over a long period of time.
The same thing will have to happen with the laser, your not going to learn it in a week, a month or even 2 or 3 years, but if you stick to it and ask real questions you will get better over time, just like you did with dog training.
Theres guys here on this forum that have been doing this for 10 / 20 years and they to still learn stuff.

Well Mike Chance i jumped into dog training business with both feet and done dern good and still doing good at it. I do alot of different types of training most dual purpose police and military style training and service dog work So yes you can jump into a business with both feet and do good Luckily it worked for me sorry if it didn't work for you. I spent years studying dog training and then went to school for it plus also i all ready had customers clientele as also i done my research on the types i wanted to specialize in. So yes you can jump both feet into some thing if you research things and constantly studied things and listened to other trainers what they did wrong at the beginning so not to do what they did to be set back Just like with laser engraving i done some research but NOT ENOUGH to suit some peoples opinions and knowledge Yes Ive watched videos and read things but until i got my machine Boss Laser i found this forum. I guess i didnt do enough research before i bought the machine. I guess i should have found this site first before i bought the machine to be a expert. I guess i live and learn Next time i venture into some thing i will look for experts to ask questions like a forum like this

Scott Shepherd sorry for the typo it is upholstery upholstery. Im not perfect

Junior Hall
Boss laser
engravelab 9v