PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know how much energy a 70 pint/day dehumidifier uses?

Michael Yadfar
02-20-2015, 6:30 PM
I think I'm going to buy a dehumifier in the summer for my shop, but I'm trying to figure out what the energy usage is and I can't really seem to find the answer. I don't know what my energy rates are, but I will look them up. However, I would like to know how many kW/day the degunidifer would use. The dehumidifier I'm thinking of buying is a GE 70 pint one. Anyone know the energy usage of this? I'm also thinking of buying an AC unit which removes 80 pints of water a day, and Ill assume they're in the same energy range.

Bill Orbine
02-20-2015, 7:07 PM
You can google up calculators. Here's one of many: http://www.electricity-usage.com/Electricity-Usage-Calculator.aspx

Enter your energy cost, the wattage of device (look up under specifications) and how many hours a day you plan to use this device. As with the dehumidifier, the usage may vary base on the conditions of your shop.

Steve Peterson
02-20-2015, 7:46 PM
It's going to depend on the duty cycle. If you are in a high humidity area with a large shop, then it will run constantly. Other areas may only require a 10% duty cycle. You could calculate the maximum cost by finding the running power consumption and assuming a 100% duty cycle. If it only runs 50% of the time, then your cost will be cut in half.

Steve