PDA

View Full Version : K3 Winner Vibration Problem

Robert Wiese
02-20-2015, 5:18 PM
I have a Hammer K3 Winner and it's super.. However, I'm getting lots of vibration in the saw blade as well as the riving knife.. I've been in contact with the factory reps and it's "tuff" trying to trouble shoot over the phone as well as email; so far no progress.. I'm wanting to know if anyone [else] has this issue.. I've removed all the belts and ran the only the motor - pulley seems to run smooth however, still have vibration in the riving knife but not as much.. I'm guessing that something has loosened..

Jim Andrew
02-20-2015, 8:14 PM
Could you remove a panel so you could look inside the machine while it is running, maybe use your phone to take a video? Then you could send it to the Felder people. My K3 Winner has a panel on the back that looks like it could be removed. I have the 79x48, but it runs about as smooth as you could ask.

Robert Wiese
02-21-2015, 10:19 AM
I did exactly that (took videos ~ sent pictures, etc.).. I also removed all the belts and simply started the motor - a small vibration still exists.. It becomes more pronounced with the belts on.. I've been on the phone with their service reps and it's near impossible to determine without doing further diagnostic work like removing the motor completely and running, etc.. I'm guessing that something loosened up - hard to believe that the motor is defective..