PDA

View Full Version : good Morning , Sawmill Creek! -12 with a -31 wind chill

Clarence Martin
02-20-2015, 7:58 AM
Good Morning Sawmill Creek !!

It's a refreshing -12 Degrees with a -31 Degree Wind chill !!

Time to fire up the wood stove in the workshop !!!!!:cool:

Brian W Smith
02-20-2015, 8:08 AM
-2,windchill off the chart with 8" of snow on the ground.......figured I'd work outside today?

30 y.o. fluorescent bulbs in the shop gettin a little "dull",haha.

Rich Riddle
02-20-2015, 8:13 AM
It's identical in temperature in Kentucky.

Rod Sheridan
02-20-2015, 8:23 AM
That's cold for Kentucky isn't it?

regards, Rod.

Jim Matthews
02-20-2015, 8:35 AM
It's outrageous, for Kentucky - even at higher elevations.

If you recall, similar weather shut down Atlanta, Georgia last year.
Coastal Massachusetts has received the snowfall normally scheduled
for delivery in the nearby Adirondacks.

I have a well insulated house, and ice dams in every gutter.
I've raked a meter and a half off the parts of the roof I can reach.

Larry Edgerton
02-20-2015, 8:42 AM
Was -30 at one point here this morning, and has been well below zero every morning for quite a while. Our high yesterday was -5. My shop will not warm up enough to finish or assemble the table I am working on, losing money. Must get a gas heater installed before next winter, electric is not cutting it.

Wade Lippman
02-20-2015, 9:25 AM
It's a refreshing -12 Degrees with a -31 Degree Wind chill !!

Yes, but if we can just survive until Tuesday it will only be 15 degrees below normal for the rest of the month!

Rich Riddle
02-20-2015, 2:40 PM
That's cold for Kentucky isn't it?

regards, Rod.Yes, the dogs want to move further South. Or get indoor bathroom privileges.

Ole Anderson
02-20-2015, 5:06 PM
I had -26 F this morning. Coldest I have ever seen it here.

Brian Brown
02-20-2015, 7:25 PM
Southern Idaho, currently 41*. Tomorrows forecast is for low 28*, high 41* and that is cold compared to what we have had for the last 3 weeks. We hit 60* one day. Tulips and daffodils are up. Aspens are fuzzy. I can go out and warm the shop in 15 min with a tiny propane heater. Used to take 2 hours in Feb, with 2 large heaters. I am not rubbing it in the face of the guys back east (well, maybe a tiny bit). I have never seen a February like this. Normally we see temps like the east is getting now, just less snow. I know we will pay for this in March and April. Our usual below zero temps will arrive with a vengeance, but for now pardon me while I go and spend the weekend in my toasty shop, and go to the grocery store in my short sleeve polo with no coat. I haven't worn a coat for 3 weeks!

Lee Schierer
02-21-2015, 7:42 AM
In the past week, we've had -12 on Monday, -10, 0, -22 and minus -23. We have a heat wave going this morning it is 14. Oh yes and snowing. We have at least 36" on the ground and over 96 inches for the season.

Prashun Patel
02-21-2015, 8:14 AM
Pipes burst under my master bathroom which is over the garage. Yup its cold here in nj too. Last two years snow comes in early jan and you dont see ground until march. Not like when i was growing up.

Phil Thien
02-21-2015, 8:17 AM
Pipes burst under my master bathroom which is over the garage. Yup its cold here in nj too. Last two years snow comes in early jan and you dont see ground until march. Not like when i was growing up.

Oh gosh I hope you caught it early and it didn't do too much damage.

I read burst pipes do more damage than fires. I don't know if that stat was true or not, but it sure is believable to me.

Dick Latshaw
02-21-2015, 10:16 PM
High here today was 73. There is a reason I left Minneapolis when I graduated from college and never moved back.

Quinn McCarthy
02-23-2015, 2:24 PM
Whiners.

it was -24 here with a -42 WC. In the southern part of the state most school districts cancelled classes. Not here.

Quinn

Garth Almgren
02-24-2015, 6:54 PM
It's cooled off a bit here from the weekend where we were hitting 55 degrees - it's only 50 degrees right now. It has been dipping down to around freezing at night, just enough to put a light frost on the cars. :D

We've had such warm weather that everything is starting to bloom or grow; I had to mow last Sunday!