PDA

View Full Version : Dewalt DWP611 Dust Collection

William A Johnston
02-18-2015, 11:00 PM
First off this is my first post to Sawmill Creek. I've been a follower for many years mainly for tool reviews and appreciate all the professionals who post here.

I have the Dewalt DWP611 router with the fixed base and plunge base and just ordered both dust collection attachments for it. My question is will I need an adaptor to connect this to my Festool CT22e vac with the standard 27mm hose?

Thanks,

Bill

Rich Engelhardt
02-19-2015, 8:45 AM
Hi Bill,
Welcome! You'll enjoy being here & you'll enjoy your DeWalt router. Handy little devils for small to medium jobs!

I read that the DeWalt takes a 1.25" hose, so, I'm thinking that you'l probably need something. I'm not positive though.
W/luck someone that has both will chime in.
If not, then you'll probably get an answer over at router forums or at the Festool Owner's Group (FOG) forum.

Tony Joyce
02-19-2015, 10:41 AM
First off this is my first post to Sawmill Creek. I've been a follower for many years mainly for tool reviews and appreciate all the professionals who post here.

I have the Dewalt DWP611 router with the fixed base and plunge base and just ordered both dust collection attachments for it. My question is will I need an adaptor to connect this to my Festool CT22e vac with the standard 27mm hose?

Thanks,

Bill

I modified mine as in the picture. The hose will not go between the two cuffs. I cut the outside cuff off, so the hose would fit over the inner one. I still have to use a hose clamp to tighten the hose onto the fitting.

The original one is top left, modified one is bottom right.

Tony

PS: FYI I'm using a CT26 vac, same hose as the CT22

William A Johnston
02-19-2015, 11:05 AM
Tony,

Thanks for the pics, that really is a huge help. I should get the attachments in about a week and need to use it on a job that I am doing in an occupied space in a couple of weeks so I need as much dust control as possible. I was a little concerned about the connection and was being proactive in regards to the hook up to the hose.

This will solve any concerns I had.

I have had the router for about a year or so and I really enjoy using it. I only have used the router with the plunge base to drill a 1/4" hole for shelf pegs in cabinet sides with an acrylic jig I had made and a bushing. I am going to be using this router on the project with a laminate flush trim bit so I hope this will give me some chip collection and with a 1/4" round over bit on some soft maple.

Thanks again,

Bill

Robert Delhommer Sr
02-19-2015, 7:29 PM
I did the same mod to mine to use my Bosch hose, and it fits great no clamp needed.

Len Rosenberg
02-19-2015, 7:42 PM
I have the 611 and a Festool CT36, with a 27mm and 36mm hose. As the others have mentioned, the 27mm requires a modification. The 36mm hose fits perfectly over the outside rim, no mod needed.
However, if you don't have a 36mm hose, the mod to the plastic dust collection hood is much less expensive...

Len

Reinis Kanders
02-20-2015, 12:10 AM
I think I used this item with my Bosch hose, it has been a while though. That adapter comes in handy once in a while.
Bosch VAC003 35mm hose-to-1-1/4" port Adapterhttp://www.amazon.com/Bosch-VAC003-35mm-hose--Adapter/dp/B0000AV77S/ref=sr_1_8?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1424408932&sr=1-8&keywords=bosch+vacuum+hose+adapter

William A Johnston
02-20-2015, 11:52 AM
I actually ordered the Bosch VAC005 hose with the router dust ports so I will probably order the adapter next week with some other items I need. The CT22 was purchased a few weeks ago used and only has a 6' hose with it. I also got 2 ETS 125 Sanders with it.