PDA

View Full Version : Gotta rubout the dining table top

Kirk (KC) Constable
07-29-2005, 1:56 AM
Sigh. After looking at this thing for a couple weeks, I've decided I'm gonna have to work on the top a bit more. I got the lacquer on there pretty heavy, and it 'shows'. I've worked a lacquered tabletop 'flat' once before, and it was a miserable experience. Beautiful result, but a lot like work. :eek: I'll be glad I did it when it's over, but it's sho'nuff hard to start!

Anyhoo, probably tomorrow I'll start on that, after final assembly of the second chair. I still haven't decided whether I want six chairs, or four chairs, or two chairs and two benches (which was the original plan). Well, actually I have decided...three or four times...I just keep changing my mind. :o So I only made two to begin with...and I'll look at them actually sitting at the table and go from there.

KC

Jason Tuinstra
07-29-2005, 11:27 AM
KC, a lot of work, but good for you. You're much father ahead than I am on the chairs. I have one started, but that's it :( . The mercury keeps going up to the triple digits and I just haven't found the motivation to go work in the oven/garage. So keep it up, and I'm sure I'll get jealous enough to get in gear :D