PDA

View Full Version : Another Laser Firing Issue - Please Help!

Scott Ashton
02-17-2015, 5:34 PM
Hi all,

First of all thanks for reading and any help would be much appreciated. Yesterday our Chinese laser (Shenhui SH-G350) suddenly stopped working between cuts. It has been very well behaved for the past 18 months and has allowed us to build our business but ofcourse we would like to get it back in working order to carry on making products.

We recently installed a new laser tube, we did install another we had to rule it out, I have checked the chiller is on, water is supplied to the tube, the door sensor is working, the program is set up correctly etc. The laser machine works as it should, the fan, light and laser head all work and the program will run but nothing is cut. I have checked all of the wires inside the machine, nothing is loose or hanging off a plug etc, the power supply led is on, when I press test on the power supply the red led lights up but the laser does nor fire.

I have checked the wires to the tube and they are fine, the fan on the power supply is spinning also. I have unplugged the data cable to the power supply and tried to test also but no luck.

So could someone please shed some light (no pun intended) on this issue please or point me in the right direction such as a previous post. I can put up some photos if that would help to diagnose the issue.

Thanks in advance
Scott

Robert Schmiede
02-19-2015, 4:32 PM
Could be your water flow sensor, if it is not functioning properly it will stop your laser from firing while everything else is working.