PDA

View Full Version : Changing battery on an iPad3

Tim Boger
02-17-2015, 4:16 PM
My wife's ipad3 is getting less and less use from a full charge, once the charge level indicator hits 100% we unplug and now it typically will last 3-5 hours before needing to be charged again... now that's not 3-5 hours of steady use either.

I've watched the battery change process on you tube and it's a bit intimidating, has anyone here done it?

Pls share your experience or recommendations.

Thanks,
Tim

John McClanahan
02-17-2015, 5:58 PM
Wow! Our iPad2 is over 3 years old and will last a couple of days without a charge. I do keep the Bluetooth turned off, along with the cellular data. And I keep the screen brightness at about 60% Dimming the screen seems to make the battery last much longer.

John

Tim Boger
02-17-2015, 7:17 PM
Hi John,

I have taken for granted that my wife had addressed those settings, I'll take a closer look.

Thanks for the heads up.

Tim

Matt Day
02-17-2015, 7:41 PM
Check that auto brightness is turned on so the screen isn't full bright all the time. Also that the screen auto lock is a small duration, so that it goes to sleep quickly when put down.

Tim Boger
02-17-2015, 9:12 PM
Thanks Matt,

Neither of those settings you suggested were set correctly.

Appreciate it,
Tim

Shawn Pixley
02-17-2015, 11:47 PM
Same here! My iPad 2 will last a full day with heavy use and multiple days with moderate use. How you set your settings has a profound impact.

Matt Day
02-18-2015, 7:46 AM
Glad I could help!

Last suggestion, and I'm not 100% sure this does much, but close apps after you're done using them. If you're like my mom, all the apps you've ever used are open in the background.