PDA

View Full Version : Laser cutting at an angle.

Brent Ramsay-Boyd
02-17-2015, 8:51 AM
Hi

I am having a problem at the moment with my laser not cutting straight, I think I know what has caused this, but I am hoping someone has a solution for me.

I know that setting the last mirror before the lens straightens the beam, but I have another issue before I do this. On the my shenhui machine, there is a bit of a design flaw in that the screws above the head can crash into the little pneumatic cylinder on the left hand side that is used to hold the lid open. I have tried to avoid using the first 50mm of the left hand side to stop this from happening, but the other day when I turned on the machine, the lid was closed and when the laser returned to the home position it crashed into the cylinder. There was much grinding and shaking of the machine before I could hit the emergency stop.

I think that this has slightly bent the head,(hopefully there is no damage to the rails), and this is the majority of my problem. Does anyone know how to properly align the head with the bed without causing any damage.

I have an order that I need to get out urgently and need to get this sorted as soon as possible.

I have attached some pics showing the troublesome screw and where it is catching on the cylinder.307159307160

Regards

Brent

matthew knott
02-17-2015, 9:18 AM
Ours does that, must he been designed by a blind drunk ! good work shenui. What we did is stuck a little piece or broken hacksaw blade to our laser head that makes the the limit switch before the head is all the way over. Its the or make some block that keep the lid higher.
Rabbit laser has a guide on his site that shows you what you need to know to re-align the whole thing.
Thanks
Matt

Dan Hintz
02-17-2015, 10:05 AM
Seems you could flip the gas spring to the opposite side of the metal tab on the door and gain another 1/2". Doesn't solve your problem completely, but it should get you some engraving room back.