PDA

View Full Version : Bad Weather Headed for The Creek

Keith Outten
02-16-2015, 1:44 PM
Late this afternoon we are expecting bad weather that coupled with the cold temperatures we have been having the last few days will most likely cause power outages in our area. We are expecting both ice and snow which is a very bad combination considering there seems to be a tree hanging over every power line in the Commonwealth of Virginia. We lost power a couple days ago for several hours, this one may cause much longer periods of no electricity which means The Creek may disappear on occasion. If or when we go offline we will do our best to restore or server as fast as humanly possible. I do have a reliable generator that is more then capable to providing the necessary electrical service for our network but its of little use when we lose our Internet connection with the electrical power.

My major problem will be trying to keep the pipes from freezing in my home and my shop. I have a wood stove in the house so we can keep warm as long as we feed firewood to the stove. My shop is a bit more of a challenge as my only means of keeping the shop above freezing is a kerosene heater. At this point I hope the bad weather comes an goes quickly and we don't have power outages that last more than a few hours or its gonna be a real rough ride.

Steve Schlumpf
02-16-2015, 3:28 PM
Thanks for the heads up Keith! Stay warm!