PDA

View Full Version : PC gaming and home networks...

Harold Burrell
02-16-2015, 12:03 PM
OK...I hope I can ask this in a way that makes sense...

I want to play PC games against my wife...at home...on separate computers. She kind of likes card games, so we can start there. Poker, maybe. Texas Hold-em, even.

(That is not all we would be interested in, but that was just a "for instance".)

Anyway...how can we do this? I FINALLY got a home network setup (both our PC's are running Windows 7). I have even found a site called "the free poker room", but it won't let more than one player in from the same IP address.

So...in short...I am pretty clueless as what to do or where to go. I have not even been able to find any info after extensive googling. Please help...

Jerome Stanek
02-16-2015, 12:39 PM
Try Pogo.com you can set up a room with a password and keep other people out

Shawn Pixley
02-16-2015, 1:09 PM
For tablets, most of the games allow you to play with anyone / anywhere. I play Scrabble, Spades, Go, and Chess that way. For Mac's it is easy. PC's? I don't know.

Harold Burrell
02-16-2015, 11:57 PM
Try Pogo.com you can set up a room with a password and keep other people out

OK. I got on Pogo and set up 2 accounts (one for my wife and one for me). However, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to set up a room...or even play against my wife at all. :o

Pat Barry
02-17-2015, 8:35 AM
What program / software package are you using for the game? It must support multiplayer mode of course. Then there should be a configuration setup option to facilitate using your home network

Harold Burrell
02-17-2015, 9:58 AM
What program / software package are you using for the game? It must support multiplayer mode of course. Then there should be a configuration setup option to facilitate using your home network

I don't have any software package (not that I wouldn't be willing to buy one). I was hoping to find a way to do it online.

Harold Burrell
02-17-2015, 11:19 AM
OK.

I figured out how to play against my wife on Pogo. We both got into a room and played Texas Hold'em together.

It was fun.

Until she beat me.

Now I am going to find something to do in the garage.