PDA

View Full Version : Just for fun

Brian Leavitt
02-16-2015, 10:39 AM
I had a slow day a couple of weeks ago so I decided to make a rubber band launcher to keep at my desk. Excuse the poor gluing job, but it was quickly thrown together. It's made of three, .125" pieces of acrylic glued together. A pull of the trigger launches the rubber band. The screws act as the stops and the pivot point for the trigger. I engraved the insides of the outer pieces to make sure the trigger could move freely once it was glued and screwed together. Like I stated... just for fun!

Jeffrey Dewing
02-16-2015, 1:11 PM
Funny! My Father and Nephew would love these! I can see one of these on my Nephews desk at work! Thanks for the idea!

Brian Leavitt
02-16-2015, 2:51 PM
Feel free to use my file and improve upon it! This was just a quick project and I modified some stock clipart to make it. The clipart didn't have the smoothest lines, but I didn't care as I am the only one who is using it. Fires the first time every time, though! FYI, I made it to use size no. 33 rubber bands because that's what we usually have around the shop.

Jeffrey Dewing
02-16-2015, 7:01 PM
Thanks Brian! Next time I go shopping I'll keep an eye out for that sized ammo! LOL...

Chris DeGerolamo
02-17-2015, 4:06 PM
cool. If I had spare time, I'd make this one: http://www.instructables [dot] com/id/M9-Rubber-Band-Gun/

It was on my list for so long I had to take it off i.e. deleted the files. lol