PDA

View Full Version : No deal at Packard

Cecil Arnold
07-28-2005, 6:52 PM
Someone posted from the show in Las Vegas that Packard was handing out flyers that during the show they would be giving a wheel dresser with each order and not be charging postage. Whoever posted clearly stated that they were not sure but I decided to go ahead and order (Never turn down anything free). Well, my order arrived today and what do you think. No diamond wheel dresser, and th epostage was included. In case anyone else took the plunge, don't be surprised.

Matthew Poeller
07-28-2005, 6:54 PM
I just got my shipment today and it was in there plus no postage and 10% off. Are you sure that you added the AAWK to the cart?

Cecil Arnold
07-28-2005, 11:46 PM
Must not have seen that part of the message. I needed the items anyway.

Doug Jones
07-29-2005, 5:07 AM
DOHHHHH,,

Sorry someone needed to say it,,, you all were thinking it.

Cecil Arnold
07-29-2005, 6:40 PM
Even I was thinking it, just didn't want to say it.

Guess it's been one of those weeks. Bought a new computer and shopping for one is almost like buying a used car. Everyone has a "special" deal until you start to look at the fine print, then the thing winds up costing about double what it was advertised. I think computer salesmen should be wearing white loafers and belts just like the car people. When you start to set up you discover that whoever wrote the user guides spoke a different brand of English than you, and that terms often don't mean the same as you learned.

Upgraded the old computer's operating system from ME to XP and set up a home network so LOML and I wouldn't have to play musical chairs to get to the DSL line. I have to say things are getting better, since it only took one call to CS to get both working on the Internet. Discovered that the bargain printer I had would not/could not work with XP (no compatable driver the system says even though I downloaded the latest driver and firmware) so I've been trying to get the network to share the "free" printer that came with the new box. Still no luck there, and can't file share between the two computers yet so I'll have to burn CDs since th enew box doesn't have a floppy.

Aren't computers wonderful!