PDA

View Full Version : Table just finished

john swank
02-15-2015, 10:25 AM
Here are a couple of pictures of a table I just finished. The top is 16" x 16". All 4 aprons have the same inlay. The table is cherry and the inlays are walnut and maple. The rope was created thru trial and error in sketchup because I know how to do a radial array with that program and then sent to corel.

Don Corbeil
02-15-2015, 11:33 AM
Very nice John!

Linda Mehlenbacher
02-15-2015, 12:11 PM
Oh WOW! That's beautiful!!

Mike Chance in Iowa
02-15-2015, 1:35 PM
Looks fabulous. The cherry grain is a great background for the inlay pattern.

Bernie Fraser
02-15-2015, 2:27 PM
Great effort for a fantastic result. Well done.

Michele Welch
02-15-2015, 2:29 PM
Wow, that is incredible. I'm working on an inlay box for my parents 50th wedding anniversary, so I can't wait to see how it turns out. Would love to know your secret on the rope, it looks flawless!!

Bruce Volden
02-15-2015, 3:47 PM
Wow, that is incredible. I'm working on an inlay box for my parents 50th wedding anniversary, so I can't wait to see how it turns out. Would love to know your secret on the rope, it looks flawless!!

I made some rope by drawing one (1) segment, rotating it to the desired angle and then I had to figure out the circular size to apply it to. Once that is solved it was a matter of using one of CD's tools and applying it to the circular path (center, inside or outside). It was rather easy but I didn't inlay.

Your project looks quite nice! Also like the compass. John.

Bruce

john swank
02-15-2015, 5:23 PM
Thanks Everybody.

Michele - I had a jpeg of the rope which I converted to a vector in Corel. I exported it to sketchup, sized it to what I wanted. There were alot of overlaps in the segments so I deleted all but 2 segments and started from there. I tweaked the drawings a little, made a radial array, and then tweaked it some more until I got what I wanted. I then exported it to corel and ran an the laser.

Bruce - thanks for the comment on the compass. I broke one of the walnut pieces on the top and had to do that piece all over. Came out better than I thought it would. I was just about to scrap the top and make a new one.

Jeffrey Dewing
02-15-2015, 7:50 PM
Nice! Beautifully done!

Ken Shea
02-15-2015, 8:26 PM
That's just flat out awesome John!

Wilbur Harris
02-15-2015, 11:09 PM
Yeah! Really nice!!