PDA

View Full Version : Help for Delta 14" Band Saw

CPeter James
02-15-2015, 8:45 AM
Have converted your Delta 14" band saw to Carter Guides and have the original guides just taking up space in your shop? Here is a chance to help some kids get some use out of them. I am looking for a set of original guides to go on a band saw in a school that presently does not have any as they have "disappeared" and there is no money to replace them. The original "cool Blocks", HHS blocks or missing blocks are fine. This is a Delta X5 saw with the round guide bar.

Thank you,

CPeter

Jay Hart
02-15-2015, 12:27 PM
Are these the kind you are looking for? I upgraded my Delta band saw, model 28-245, with the Carter guides some years back and these original guides have been gathering dust. I live in the Atlanta area - how do you propose I get them to you?306969

Raymond Seward
02-15-2015, 12:43 PM
I have a pair from a Vintage Delta/Milwaukee (1953 I think) hex bar tho'

Jay Hart
02-15-2015, 3:47 PM
I replied to your private message but got a flag that it "exceeded the stored private message quota". Please let me know if it didn't get through.

Brian W Smith
02-15-2015, 3:51 PM
Looking up....good stuff right there.To OP,best of luck with your saw.

CPeter James
02-16-2015, 5:21 PM
I have a set. Thanks, the shop teacher was looking forward to getting this saw going again so the kids can use it. Like a lot of shops, there is a lot of broken down machinery. This is a new shop teacher and as he says, "This is a work in progress." They have a lot of nice machinery and a lot of stuff that is just taking up space as it is out of action due to missing and broken parts. The cost of having commercial service people is about $100/hour door to door. Just to change the blades in a jointer runs several hundred dollars - really too bad.

CPeter