PDA

View Full Version : corel problem

Bert Kemp
02-13-2015, 10:50 AM
Good morning everyone I'm experimenting with fill today make a leather knife case and trying to put a basket weave post scrip fill. I select my case then pull up the fill pat. and clic, the case blinks likeit did it and it says basket weave down in the right hand corner but I don't see the fill in the Pat.how come?

Mike Null
02-13-2015, 11:50 AM
Bert
Click on object manager and see if the layer you want is blanked out. Just a guess but it may be the answer.

Bert Kemp
02-13-2015, 12:19 PM
This is what I got , Not real familiar with object mgr but I need to see the fill so I can engrave it.306840

John Noell
02-13-2015, 12:40 PM
Maybe post the file itself so we can take a look?

Bert Kemp
02-13-2015, 12:44 PM
Heres the file 306841

Brian Leavitt
02-13-2015, 1:56 PM
Here you go, Bert. The curve wasn't closed and there were some lines doubled on top of each other.

Bert Kemp
02-13-2015, 2:09 PM
Thanks Brian:)
I don't know corel that well. don't know how to look at things to see what is and isn't there I guess.
Thanks again.

Tony Lenkic
02-13-2015, 2:19 PM
Bert,

Under view select wireframe to take closer look at the drawing. In your case right end of knife has double line and is not connected to the rest.
To correct this best way is to delete it and draw another vertical line litle taller and right align it to image. Use smart fill tool to fill it then remove fill and give it outline.
Now you will have a closed graphic that you can apply what you were doing.

Bert Kemp
02-13-2015, 3:15 PM
Thanks Tony now I might be able to fix it my self thank you

Bert,

Under view select wireframe to take closer look at the drawing. In your case right end of knife has double line and is not connected to the rest.
To correct this best way is to delete it and draw another vertical line litle taller and right align it to image. Use smart fill tool to fill it then remove fill and give it outline.
Now you will have a closed graphic that you can apply what you were doing.