PDA

View Full Version : Pre cut plywood around Asheville, NC?

John Padgett
02-12-2015, 3:40 PM
Hey. I heard on a woodworking show that there are places you can buy plywood and give them a cutlist and they cut it for you. Anyone know of a place like that around Asheville, NC? I need to build a planer stand and don't have a table saw. Thanks.

Jim Belair
02-12-2015, 4:55 PM
The Home Depots around here have a panel saw and will make a couple of cuts for free, then charge after that.

I don't have a table saw either but cut plywood with a circular saw run against a batten.

george wilson
02-12-2015, 7:45 PM
Is the Educational Lumber Co. still there? Possibly not,since so many schools have dropped shop.

Art Mann
02-13-2015, 7:47 PM
The Home Depots around here have a panel saw and will make a couple of cuts for free, then charge after that.

I don't have a table saw either but cut plywood with a circular saw run against a batten.

I often buy plywood and get it broken up that way. My reason is for ease of loading and hauling. I have a table saw and a track saw I could use. I have noticed that my Home Depot and Lowes both use really coarse framing blades. Some operators are more accurate than others too. I usually have them cut the pieces a little larger than what I need and then resize the material in a more accurate way with good blades after I get home. Getting your salesman to cut to size at the store may be a good solution, but try to have him make as good of cuts as he possibly can.