PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Trotec Owners - Are you interested in replacing the Honeycomb Cut Bed?

Greg W Watson
02-11-2015, 5:17 PM
My honeycomb on my cutting bed is getting pretty beat up. Not dirty but bent and split and all kinds of not fun stuff.

I have found a supplier of aluminum eggcrate core that is 1/2 x 1/2 x 1. So the cores are 1/2 an inch by 1/2 an inch and the material is 1 inch tall. The panels come 24" X 48" inches. All you need to do is trim the material to fit into the frame of your cutting bed.

I have to order five of them. The price is $62 each plus shipping.

I plan on buying regardless but I thought I would ask if anyone else is interested to share the cost.

Gary Hair
02-11-2015, 6:32 PM
I know these are more expensive, but I can assure you they will outlast anything else - I have had mine for about 6 years and it's going to last many more years.

http://www.cuttinggrid.com/lazergrids.shtml

if the link gets removed, search for cuttinggrid dot com

Greg W Watson
02-12-2015, 9:47 AM
Yes I am familiar with those and these are the exact same material. The difference is that it can be inserted into the existing trotec cutting table, not placed on top.

Dan Hintz
02-12-2015, 10:55 AM
Yes I am familiar with those and these are the exact same material. The difference is that it can be inserted into the existing trotec cutting table, not placed on top.

Are these powdercoated like the cuttinggrid ones?

Greg W Watson
02-13-2015, 9:40 AM
I am checking but I believe they are anodized white.

Gary Hair
02-13-2015, 7:40 PM

If that's the same material, either anodized or powder coated, that is a smokin' deal! If you can verify that it's the same thickness material then I'll take one - mine measures about .020 thick. I have one that fits my full bed, but it would be nice to have a few smaller ones for some job-specific uses.

Greg W Watson
02-14-2015, 11:15 AM
I am checking he is super slow to respond, I'm a small order to him.

Greg

If that's the same material, either anodized or powder coated, that is a smokin' deal! If you can verify that it's the same thickness material then I'll take one - mine measures about .020 thick. I have one that fits my full bed, but it would be nice to have a few smaller ones for some job-specific uses.

Bert Kemp
02-14-2015, 5:32 PM
Are these trotec specific for some reason or would they work for just about any laser with a bed size that of smaller

Jeffrey Dewing
02-16-2015, 11:04 PM
I would be interested in getting a spare myself...

Robert Tepper
02-16-2015, 11:11 PM
If you have not ordered yet, try PLASCORE. They manufacture aluminum honeycomb material. I purchased a 4 x 8' sheet, cut into 4 section for $250.00 delivered.
They do take four weeks for delivery. They have available grid sizes from 1/4" to 1". The material cuts like butter on a table saw.

Robert

Greg W Watson
02-18-2015, 3:16 PM
If you have not ordered yet, try PLASCORE. They manufacture aluminum honeycomb material. I purchased a 4 x 8' sheet, cut into 4 section for $250.00 delivered.
They do take four weeks for delivery. They have available grid sizes from 1/4" to 1". The material cuts like butter on a table saw.

Robert

What kind of blade did you use?

Jeffrey Dewing
02-23-2015, 1:07 AM
I've done aluminum siding and vinyl siding. It's kind of common knowledge to put and carbide tipped blade in backwards and it'll cut like butter. just take it slow. True story...