PDA

View Full Version : Question, Delta X5 Owners

Steve Ash
07-28-2005, 7:49 AM
When I got my Delta X5 15" planer (6-8-05) I filled out the enclosed card that day and mailed it for a free tool that comes with the purchase of any X5 machine. I chose the free router....but my question is how long did it take to receive the free tool and was it a coupon you take to a store for that tool or was it the tool itself that was shipped?

Jim Hager
07-28-2005, 8:41 AM
I got my new shaper last April some time and finally got the router about 2 weeks ago. They are gonna take their time. I got the cupon book then in about 2 days the router showed up. You'll get it, just takes time. I'm using the cupon bood to get a new power feeder after my other one lost it's smoke the other day.:confused:

Phil Winn
07-28-2005, 8:59 AM
60 days after sending in the coupon.
Great little router!
Phil

Matt Meiser
07-28-2005, 1:42 PM
I called the company handling the rebates and spoke to someone there. I sent my rebates about 6 weeks ago. She said my $100 rebate should go out this week and the router will probably be a few weeks. I haven't gotten the coupon book yet either.

I was missing a couple parts for my planer when I bought it. It took about 2 weeks to get them because Delta claimed their distribution is a mess due to the Black and Decker merger.

Steve Ash
07-28-2005, 8:53 PM
So I guess it will get here........sometime.
Hadn't thought about the coupon book thing, I could use a new shaper!

Bill Lewis
07-29-2005, 5:46 AM
I got my 690 pretty fast (See this thread (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=18878&highlight=gloat)). I can't remember how long it took to get the rebate. I think a couple of weeks at the most after the tool arrived. Maybe I just got lucky.

Frank Lopez
07-29-2005, 3:50 PM
Steve,

When I purchased my DJ20 I selected the mobile base. I seem to recall the base showed up in ~6 weeks. The rebate check shortly there after.