PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Gallery update- pics

Roger Chandler
02-11-2015, 4:21 PM
Got the display for the new gallery done for the moment. Will return there to work on Monday afternoon to learn the ropes for this gallery as it is an artists cooperative, and can make adjustments as needed.

I have 22 items on display, and they are located from the front to the back with a few inside a glass display [the more expensive pieces] so the pics are from my smart phone and not the best, but thought I would show it since I mentioned it the other day.

306689 306690 306691

The display coordinator and one other artist was so very helpful in my initial entrance into this gallery. Wish me luck! :)

Alan Arnup
02-11-2015, 5:20 PM
Very easily done - - I wish you luck.

Doug Herzberg
02-11-2015, 6:33 PM
Very nice displays, Roger. I don't think I've seen all of these. Good luck.

Thom Sturgill
02-11-2015, 6:40 PM
Nice displays, but make sure they know to rotate the items in the window. Too much UV may alter the wood color on one side. Good luck with sales.

Roger Chandler
02-11-2015, 6:44 PM
Nice displays, but make sure they know to rotate the items in the window. Too much UV may alter the wood color on one side. Good luck with sales.

Thanks Thom for that. I mentioned I was concerned about the window display a little.....they tell me that there is no direct sunlight that comes into that window........pretty much a side of a large brick building of about 4 stories, and the outside is a street and sidewalk down the side. This is a corner location on Main St. in downtown.

I will be there often enough to keep a check on this myself........so I can move them around even to different display areas as I need to.

Roger Chandler
02-11-2015, 6:45 PM
Very nice displays, Roger. I don't think I've seen all of these. Good luck.

Thanks Doug.........I sure hope it goes well!

David Delo
02-11-2015, 6:49 PM
wanted to give you something like a 3-thumbs up emoticon because smiley faces weren't quite good enough so here goes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSpBwt4hFN8

charlie knighton
02-11-2015, 7:03 PM
looks good roger....best wishes

Doug Ladendorf
02-11-2015, 7:07 PM
Very nice Roger. Great to see all this wonderful work together. Good luck with it!
Doug

Fred Belknap
02-11-2015, 7:30 PM
Roger hope this works great for you.

Roger Chandler
02-11-2015, 7:52 PM
Thank You David!!! I got a big laugh out of that and it brought back memories from a long time back! Made my day!!!:D

What a kind gesture! Gaaal-leee! :D

Roger Chandler
02-11-2015, 7:53 PM
Charlie, Doug and Fred...........thank you all so very much........I appreciate the good wishes and cheers.....they mean a lot! ;)

Michelle Rich
02-12-2015, 4:17 AM
WOW Roger..this looks great! Good luck and have fun with it.

Roger Chandler
02-12-2015, 7:40 AM
WOW Roger..this looks great! Good luck and have fun with it.

Thank you MIchelle......Prayers are appreciated! ;)

Jim Seyfried
02-12-2015, 9:02 AM
Congratulations Roger! Looks like a great opportunity, good luck!

Roger Chandler
02-12-2015, 2:27 PM
Congratulations Roger! Looks like a great opportunity, good luck!

Thanks Jim............appreciated!

Steve Doerr
02-12-2015, 10:15 PM
Looks GREAT Roger! I wish you the best of luck in the gallery. The gallery coop that I'm part of is really good. There are 18 of us and I'm the only turner :-D Hope you have wonderful success in your new venture.

Roger Chandler
02-12-2015, 10:30 PM
Looks GREAT Roger! I wish you the best of luck in the gallery. The gallery coop that I'm part of is really good. There are 18 of us and I'm the only turner :-D Hope you have wonderful success in your new venture.

Thanks Steve..........much appreciated. There are 3 other turners in our coop at this time.....all whom I know pretty well and are members of either of the clubs I am a member of. They mostly turn bowls........I have a number of different type forms, so I am hoping that some folks will see the differences and value some of my work. I also turn some bowls but have other type items that are unique. One of the others turns a fair number of pens as well.

Hayes Rutherford
02-13-2015, 9:34 AM
Looks good to me. Good galleries are nice to work with, they keep your pieces dusted off and are there full time selling your items!!