PDA

View Full Version : Bluebird and tree swallow nest boxes

Jay Aubuchon
02-11-2015, 2:05 PM
While this isn't fine woodworking, it does provide a veneer of an excuse for the tools I have been accumulating. I made these for a nest box trail I am helping create on land managed by ClearWater Conservancy (http://www.clearwaterconservancy.org/) here in State College.

Randy Red Bemont
02-12-2015, 4:20 PM
Very nice and it's great that you are doing this.

Red

Jay Aubuchon
02-12-2015, 10:02 PM
Thanks Red, It was fun. Now I have to make twenty predator guards to hang on the poles underneath the boxes. That may not be so much fun.

Lee Reep
02-12-2015, 11:58 PM
Nice! I bought some wood to build bird houses awhile ago but stuck on remodeing projects right now.

My wife and I are birders. She thought I was crazy when I started putting feeders in our yard a few years ago. But then she was so intriqued by how many birds we get at home, that she became interested in birding elsewhere in our town and state.

I retired a year ago, and she just retired, and we go out 4-5 times a week looking for something to add to our "Big Year" list. (A friendly competition with a friend who got me into putting up feeders, and then suggested a competition.)

Keeps us active, and a goods excuse to get out of the house and get some exercise, not to mention visiting places all over our state to find another elusive species.