PDA

View Full Version : Finally done it right

Junior hall
02-10-2015, 5:22 PM
I want to thank every one i finally done the picture right by inverting the dog picture and putting it on a dog tag WOW what a huge big difference it

Scott Shepherd
02-10-2015, 5:31 PM
I'd say you need to be trying to make them look more like these....

(I didn't do them, just pulled the photo from a search to show what's possible).

Junior hall
02-10-2015, 5:57 PM
thats what i am wanting them to look like how in the heck did the person make them like that

Mine has the top corners engraved which i can go in and use fluid mask to delete it out. Some day i want to be able to do the dog tags exactly like thows Scott Shepherd

Steve Morris
02-10-2015, 6:34 PM
Looks like they were made using a photograph as the base picture, your picture looks like clipart which is far lower detail and resolution so you won't achieve that level of fine detail as its not there to start with.

10/10 for perseverance Junior

Bill George
02-10-2015, 6:39 PM
They look blurry to me, the one Scott found is the way they are suppose to look. If your just finding images or clipart on line for "free" they will not be worth downloading for a quality job.

Junior hall
02-10-2015, 6:55 PM
Bill George i just typed in Shih tzu and found it there and vectorized it. Yes i know i will need a better quality picture at least a 2mg picture for it to come out better looking photograph. Also yes it is kinda blurry as the dern camera i couldn't get the blur out YES i know i need a real camera but the phone camera will have to do for now until i get me some $$$

But it looks better than what i done before all bunched up as some one told me to invert the picture son that's what i did and it looks a ton better than what it did

Ross Moshinsky
02-10-2015, 7:01 PM
This is not something you vectorize. You want to engrave this as an image. You need to process the image. This has been discussed many times on here. Search: "The Gold method".

You do not need a 2mb picture to engrave a 1"x2" photo. Just find a decent image.

Glen Monaghan
02-10-2015, 9:13 PM
You have "the top corners engraved" because you didn't knock out (remove) the image's background before engraving. You'll want to start with a decent photo and process it (search for "Gold method" here) for engraving, but the final image needs to have what is referred to as a transparent background. It's not black, it's not white, it's been removed/made transparent. That requires using a format such as PNG which permits transparency, not one like BMP or JPG, and definitely not a vectorized image.

Chris J Anderson
02-10-2015, 10:52 PM
Hi Junior,

As the people above have said, search for the Gold Method,

Also, to save wasting money on materials, I suggest you practise your photo's on small waste pieces of clear acrylic.

Different materials will require different settings for photo's.

I use ULS photo processing software, which is not perfect, but it does do a fair and reliable job, and you can set it to convert photo's to suit different materials, e.g. Stainless steel, acrylic, anodised aluminium, wood etc.

+1 for 10/10 perseverance :)

Junior hall
02-11-2015, 3:05 AM
Thanks all i searched for the Gold Method but not sure which one i am needing as there are hundreds as ive read several but not sure which one i am needing thanks

Henri Sallinen
02-11-2015, 4:18 AM
You need the one that has a photoshop action or the script. If you search "gold method" it's in the first thread. When you scroll down, there is a link. The link does not say "download gold method" but something else related to it. Hope you find it!

Junior hall
02-11-2015, 8:33 PM
Is this the link for the gold method. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?93559-The-Gold-Method

Also do i need photoshop to use the gold method

Bert Kemp
02-11-2015, 9:20 PM
Junior go here scroll to bottom download the file

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?91076-Converting-programs-for-Engraving-Manual-Method-and-Adobe-Photoshop

Junior hall
02-11-2015, 10:15 PM
Thanks Bert kemp its a zip file if so i saveed the page as i cant get the zip file to open i need some thing to unzip it but i will try to get some thing to unzip it thanks boss

Bert Kemp
02-11-2015, 11:23 PM
Right clic on the downloaded file clic on open containing folder clic on exe file

Junior hall
02-12-2015, 8:16 AM
WOW thanks Bert Kemp i didn't know that i didn't have to have a program to unzip things wow awesome boss thanks so much thank you