PDA

View Full Version : Half a bowl

Sparky Paessler
07-27-2005, 7:52 PM
I had this great bowl almost finished. It was all sanded and had finish on it and I was buffing it when I guess I pressed too hard on the wheel and it flew out of my hand and hit the block wall breaking one side up. After saying a few choice words I decided to cut it in half to see how I was doing keeping the wall thickness even. As you can see I need to work on getting the bottom a little thinner to match the top. Well I guess good things can come out of bad.

Sparky

Steve Roxberg
07-27-2005, 8:10 PM
That looks good to me, sorry to hear about your misfortune, but you are not the first.

I'll remember that when I finally get my buffing system.

Ed Davidson
07-27-2005, 8:30 PM
Looks like you've got a design opportunity there, Sparky...think "sculpture".

Keith Burns
07-27-2005, 9:07 PM
Bummer !!!!!!!!! That was going to be a nice piece,too!

"Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints."

Pat Salter
07-27-2005, 11:59 PM
hmmm, I know that this is a round forum... but.... maybe a thin wall of matching wood going down the side....use it with dry flowers next to the wall....hmmm.

oh, yeah, my condolences.

;)

Andy Hoyt
08-31-2005, 12:29 PM
I used to have this problem all the time, mostly when I stopped thinking about what I was doing and started thinking about the next thing to do.

Since my mind is beyond fixing, I decided to fix my setup. I took an old flannel bedsheet and strung it up behind and below the buffer in a sloped hammock sort of manner. Not too tight, not too loose.

Works great, now when my mind wanders off to Bermuda and the "buffee" gets launched it simply impacts the hammock and comes to an easy rest. Nothing broken since this got put in play.

Royce Meritt
09-02-2005, 1:23 PM
I think it is still really pretty. I like Pat's idea of mounting a back on it and hanging it on a wall. I know my wife would like one just like it.

Greg Tatum
09-02-2005, 3:01 PM
Looks like a wooden fender for 1920's limo now :p

Jack Savona
09-02-2005, 6:00 PM
Ouch! I feel your pain.

Jack

Charles E. Martin V
09-02-2005, 9:49 PM
That's a d@*n shame. :(

John Hart
09-04-2005, 7:37 AM
Another vote for Pat's idea. There's always something good...if you look for it!!:)