PDA

View Full Version : Purchase update

Ken Miller
07-27-2005, 6:08 PM
I recently posted questions about 14" bandsaws and Freud Avanti blades. I would like to first thank everyone for their input. As always, this place serves as a great resource for information. I did purchase the Grizzly Go555 and so far it has performed very well. I bought the timberwolf blade and it cuts great. Today I resawed 6" walnut without a problem. Having never even used a bandsaw before and for the most part I only do ww in the summer, I couldn't justify the expense of some of the other saws. I'm very happy with my choice. As for the saw blade, I checked the freud website and found myself torn between two blades. the LM74R010, which is their "glue line" blade with 30 teeth which they rated as excellent for ripping and good for everything else and the LU87R010 which is a thin kerf ripping blade with 24 teeth that they rated as excelled for ripping, very good for crosscuts and plywood and good for anything else. I was surprised that the blade with fewer teeth was rated better for crosscuts than the blade with more teeth. So I went with the LU87 and it cuts unbelievably well. There are not enough oo's in smooth to describe how well it ripped and crosscut walnut. for $35 and free shipping from amazon, I'm am very happy with this purchase as well. Thanks again for the feedback.

Don Baer
07-27-2005, 6:39 PM
No Pics, No Gloat...:o