PDA

View Full Version : Increasing height stop on Domino df500

Prashun Patel
02-07-2015, 4:22 PM
This may be obvious to you all but after more than a year, I just figured out how to increase the height offset on my domino s you can make mortises up to 70mm from an edge. Just pop off the two dovetail plastic stops! This was a revelation for me.

Wade Lippman
02-07-2015, 9:12 PM
Just last week I wanted to do this very badly. I ended up clamping a straight edge to the work and referencing off that.
PITA

But how do you get the plastic caps off? I have pushed pretty hard and they don't budge; and I am not interested in breaking it.

Prashun Patel
02-08-2015, 7:27 AM
They are dovetailed in there, so you slide them out front to back. I did have to tap mine with a mallet and narrow piece of wood, but they slid out easily.

Charlie MacGregor
02-08-2015, 10:32 AM
My left-most one WAS too loose. Several times I saw it skittering across the floor in an apparent break for freedom. It is now MIA. I need to order a replacement. ( IIRC they are left and right specific)

Bill McNiel
02-08-2015, 2:45 PM
Prashun,
Thanks, like Wayne I could really have used this concept a couple of weeks ago but am sure the need will arise again.

David Ragan
02-08-2015, 7:19 PM
Yeah, mine works great.....takes me 30 minutes of study each time prior to use, and yes, i think it is the left one plastic thing is loose

Chris Padilla
02-08-2015, 10:56 PM
I also do a fair amount of referencing from the bottom of the Domino. In case anyone wants to know, it is exactly 10.5 mm from the bottom to the centerline of the cutter. I find this placement within 3/4" plywood to be just fine albeit not perfectly centered...but pretty darn close.