PDA

View Full Version : Laser Engrave Outline Versus Fill

Ed Bath
02-04-2015, 6:22 PM
I laser engrave wood using Corel X7 and Lasercut 5.3. In Corel, I sometimes make an image using Fill with no outline and sometimes an Outline with no fill. In both cases the color is RGB. I export to a .dxf file then import into Lasercut.

The engraved wood seems to look the same no matter which method I use. Both are very good.

It seems that the results should be different. Or should they?

Thanks,

Bert Kemp
02-04-2015, 6:30 PM
Lasercut see it both the same I think. if you unfill and hair outline and tell it to engrave it engrave the whole thing as if its filled but tell it to cut and it will just cut the outline. if you tell it no out line I think you get a bitmap and its engrave only but yes the look the same

Rich Harman
02-04-2015, 8:15 PM
LaserWorks does not recognize fill, it is completely ignored. I would assume that LaserCut is the same. You will always only the see the outline regardless whether or not it was displayed as fill in Corel.

Dave Sheldrake
02-04-2015, 9:01 PM
LaserWorks does not recognize fill, it is completely ignored. I would assume that LaserCut is the same. You will always only the see the outline regardless whether or not it was displayed as fill in Corel.

Yup, Rich is right, in LaserCUT you have to select what you want to do on the drop down, Cut/Engrave/Grade Engrave/Hole

LC doesn't read lineweights/fills/blocks/hatch patterns

Bert Kemp
02-05-2015, 12:27 AM
what does grade engrave do/ Haven't tried it yet cause I don't know what its for :)