PDA

View Full Version : Saying something nice about a vendor - and in Canada at that!

rudy de haas
02-04-2015, 4:26 PM
Most of the time I complain half heartedly about vendors, but I just had a positive experience and am so stunned by the whole thing :) I thought it worth a comment here.

I ordered new carbide blades (after, all Maple is my idea of a softwood) for both a 13" planer and the 8" jointer from mywoodcutters.com in Victoria B.C. but, because he was out of stock, he had the manufacturer (in Michigan) drop ship to me. Shipment was quick and the product as expected - itself something that's becoming less and less the norm.

Unfortunately it came by Canada Post and that august institiution has recently discovered the UPS trick of making money by demanding taxes and brokerage fees on delivery. The amount due (for sales tax) was about $15; the demand was for $83. Mywoodcutters.com took full responsibility: I paid Canada post to get my blades, but mywoodcutters refunded the money and made the problem theirs. That's the right way to do things and I will be ordering from them again.

This one experience is everything I know about them so this isn't a blanket endorsement - but a vendor which helped ensure I got the right product, shipped quickly, handled the paperwork properly, and took responsibility for dealing with the delivery agent? Gets my thanks and loyalty..