PDA

View Full Version : Power Hand Push Shoe

James Nugnes
02-04-2015, 3:21 PM
I did a search before posting as I usually do trying not to be repetitive. That said I was probably kidding myself thinking I could sort on "Power Hand" at a forum and not get back an encyclopedia of stuff that has nothing to do with this particular item.

Anyway if you are looking for a push shoe to use you could probably do a bunch worse than this one. One of my reasons for posting is that you rarely get an idea of how big something is from web photos. This one is pretty big (12.5" long x 8.25" at its peak and maybe 0.5" thick) made from plastic with two rubber or synthetic grip strips with a hand saw shaped handle. The peak of the handle is the high point. What I like is that most of that 12.5" in length is dedicated to material that will rest on the workpiece. That might be about as good as it gets for how much of a push shoe can be used against the material.

It comes with a flat treaded grip strip for use on the flats of a workpiece and a right angle treaded grip strip for use at the long axis edge of a workpiece. Might offer the most you can expect to get in safety from a push shoe without getting crazy about it.

Matt Day
02-04-2015, 4:22 PM
Some pictures would help.

glenn bradley
02-04-2015, 5:14 PM
Or a link? Oh, here you go (http://www.amazon.com/Tool-Designs-10230-Power-Hands/dp/B001C4O92I/ref=sr_1_2?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1423088026&sr=1-2&keywords=power+hands). I actually have one of these and it is pretty handy. It is my go-to when the Grr-Ripper isn't right for the job.

paul cottingham
02-04-2015, 7:00 PM
I agree with Glenn. I have one of those and 2 Grrrippers, and when I do use power, they are indispensable.