PDA

View Full Version : Powermatic P60 jointer problem and question

David Coburn
02-04-2015, 1:39 PM
I bought a Powermatic P60 8" jointer a few years ago and it has served me well since then. I did not receive a manual when i bought the machine. I need to replace the bearings in the cutter head. I have one problem and two questions in this regard.

1) problem: I can't get the out feed table to lower.

2) question 1: You can see in the pictures that the in feed table has a bar that is used to lower it and all I have to do is loosen the Tbolt on the side of the in feed table and use the bar to push it down. The out feed table does not have a bar and I cannot get the bar out of the in feed table to use, so I am working up a rod to try and use.... In the meantime I have tried various things to get the out feed table to go down with no success. I am wanting to know if all I have to do to lower the out feed table is to loosen the out feed side Tbolt (like on the in feed table) and push it down.

3) question 2: Again, I don't have a manual and I haven't been able to determine what bearings I need to get.... and/or if there are any bushings or other pieces I need to purchase. Can anyone give a little guidance in this regard?

thanks,
david

mark kosse
02-04-2015, 2:18 PM
Go to vintage machinery, under powermatic, and download yourself a manual.

mark kosse
02-04-2015, 2:20 PM
or here

http://vintagemachinery.org/pubs/detail.aspx?id=821

David Coburn
02-04-2015, 3:57 PM
Just printed it out. Thank you both.
david