PDA

View Full Version : Router table extension of table saw

Bryan Vaughan
02-04-2015, 11:21 AM
I’ve been acquiring items to build a router table wing of my table saw. I had planned on using my saw fence for the router fence and just build something similar to what I’ve seen on YouTube to go over the saw fence that has
a dust collection port.

While reading another post on this board I got to thinking I might be better off using a separate fence for the router instead of the saw fence.

Can you give me any ideas for my design? This won't be a very large area, 27" width (router area) maybe around 20" deep (undecided).

Bruce Page
02-04-2015, 1:18 PM
I have a Woodhaven fence that attaches to the TS fence. I like the TS fence mount because you can easily adjust and fine tune its position. Here's a couple of pics, it wouldn't be too hard to clone it out of MDF or BB Ply.

Bill Space
02-04-2015, 2:26 PM
Hi,

I made a simple one that is shown in the picture. It can be clamped to the fence, and is reversible, with a different size opening on each side. The side in the picture is for raised panels. Dust collector hooks to the top with a flex hose. Depth of cut is set by fence position.

Works quite well for the effort spent making it.

Bill

Rick Potter
02-04-2015, 8:47 PM
I kept it simple. It is not my primary router table.

I drilled one hole in the wooden side table, with a threaded insert. One end of the fence pivots on this, the other end has a clamp on it. The fence actually moves very little for most edge work, which is what I do with it. The actual fence is just two laminate covered boards in an L shape, and has a plastic shop vac size fitting on it.

Bryan Vaughan
02-05-2015, 10:54 AM
I have a Woodhaven fence that attaches to the TS fence. I like the TS fence mount because you can easily adjust and fine tune its position. Here's a couple of pics, it wouldn't be too hard to clone it out of MDF or BB Ply.

I really like this idea but I'd have to come up with a source for the hose attachment and the extruded aluminum. Do have any ideas?

Bryan Vaughan
02-05-2015, 11:02 AM
Hey Bill Space

I like this on too and all I'd need is the plastic piece dust collector. My dust collector is my shop vac with 2 or 2 1/2" hose.
I'd like to Y pipe it in to my table saw with a couple of blast gates but I am finding it hard to find the right size gates and
plastic what ever you call them, the piece that hooks to the fence. Once I really know what I want I'll order them. My local
Hardwood store really just has the big ducting stuff.

Hey guys, thanks for the ideas.

Bruce Page
02-05-2015, 12:52 PM
I really like this idea but I'd have to come up with a source for the hose attachment and the extruded aluminum. Do have any ideas?

Here's the fitting: http://shop.woodcraft.com/Product/147788/Dust-Extraction-Fitting-Fence-Adapter-2-12.aspx

Woodhaven sells the extrusions but I'd just make it out of BB ply or MDF.