PDA

View Full Version : Lazy susan cabinet

Jay Jolliffe
02-04-2015, 10:28 AM
I have to build a lower corner cabinet that on one side it's the normal finished depth of 24''. The other side has to be finished @ 20'' because of space for seating at the counter. So I'm trying to figure a way to make it a lazy susan like the cabinet I'm replacing. Well I'm redoing all the cabinets but this one sorta has me stumped. They know the shelves will be on the small size compaired to what's there now....Any thoughts on this. I thought it was going to be simple until I started to figure the pieces of the cabinet...It doesn't help being sick also trying to figure this out as the brain's not working to well.

John A langley
02-04-2015, 11:03 AM
How about One of these from rev a shelf

Sam Murdoch
02-04-2015, 11:22 AM
I'm thinking then that you effectively have a 20" deep cabinet. Depending on the opening seems like you could simply use an 18" dia. +/- LS.
Forget the 24" leg.

scott vroom
02-04-2015, 12:26 PM
You can fit a 24" pie cut susan in that space, maybe 28". Hard to say for certain w/out seeing a drawing of your space.

http://www.rev-a-shelf.com/p-311-pie-cut-wood-classic-2-shelf-corner-lazy-susans.aspx

Max Neu
02-04-2015, 1:09 PM
The door on the 20" deep side will be pretty narrow.I would lean towards a blind corner base with a nice pullout mechanism.Reva Shelf came out with some nice units this year that are pretty nice, especially the one that is shaped like a cloud.

scott vroom
02-04-2015, 1:43 PM
The door on the 20" deep side will be pretty narrow.I would lean towards a blind corner base with a nice pullout mechanism.Reva Shelf came out with some nice units this year that are pretty nice, especially the one that is shaped like a cloud.

Door width is a function of cabinet width....the 20" depth of one leg need not affect bi-fold door width.

Here's a rough mock up showing that a 24" pie susan will fit in what I interpret as your project.

Max Neu
02-04-2015, 3:18 PM
Door width is a function of cabinet width....the 20" depth of one leg need not affect bi-fold door width.

Here's a rough mock up showing that a 24" pie susan will fit in what I interpret as your project.
Ahh,your right!I had a brain fart,I should have thought before speaking (or typing).I am currently working on a kitchen where we have one side narrower because of a lack of space,that must have still been stuck in my head.

Jay Jolliffe
02-04-2015, 4:39 PM
Thanks Scott....When I see it drawn out it makes sense....I tried drawing it out on the base but like Max I also had a brain Fart.....Thanks again....that's why I come here...If I can't figure it out I know someone here will have a Idea of how to do it.