PDA

View Full Version : Id -ing Your Pens...............

Jim Eller
02-03-2015, 5:18 PM
............. and other small stuff.

New to this making round stuff and have been trying a few pens.

My question is, can you put an ID on a pen or seam ripper?? If so, how and were? I know I just can drag out my branding iron:)

Thanks,
JimE

Tim Boger
02-03-2015, 5:52 PM
Hi Jim,

I use a wood burner with the smallest round tip offered, you can sign pretty tiny with that.

If your branding iron can brand a pen, would you post a picture of it .... I'd be interested to see it.

Tim

Wayne Lovell
02-03-2015, 6:58 PM
A friend of mind who makes a lot of pens has some one with a Lazar engraver engrave the clips on his pens "**** Pens". You might check around your area I bet there are trophy shops etc. who do that sort of work. There is a wood (lumber dealer) in dallas who has one, I bet there are several places in your area if you look.

Jim Eller
02-03-2015, 10:07 PM
Wayne - Thanks for the info.

Tim - Sorry but the smiley face by the branding iron comment was because the branding iron needs a 3/4"x2 3/4" area. Something for pens would be nice.

JimE

John Terefenko
02-03-2015, 10:14 PM
Some people put their names under the clips. Some people have little metal tags that are incorporated into the blank by epoxing it in. Some people have the clip engraved. Some people engrave the top of the cap and so forth. Just some examples of what others do. Take a look at the big name pen brands and you may get some more ideas.

Jim Eller
02-03-2015, 10:41 PM
Thanks for the ideas John. JimE