PDA

View Full Version : Another "Liquamask" question

Frederic Gagnon
02-02-2015, 7:11 PM
I was going tghrough posts regarding Liquamask liquid mask and coudn't find the answer to my question. I would like to know if this product will withstand the solvents contained in spray paint (Rust-O-Leum or others). Or is it only good for latex paint.

Thanks!

Bert Kemp
02-02-2015, 10:30 PM
I couldn't tell you for sure but they make the product as a mask, I would think it would be ok as it only has to hold up for a few mins anyway. Your gonna spray it and let it dry what say 15 min and then peel the mask off. I can't see any paint eating thru it in that amount of time. But hey ask the people you want to by the mask from they would know for sure.

Brian Leavitt
02-03-2015, 10:03 AM
It stands up fine to spray paint. I use it when I have to color fill some fake stone awards to which regular paper masking won't stick due to the surface texture.

Frederic Gagnon
02-03-2015, 10:37 AM
Great, thanks!

I will be using it for laser-egraving and color-filling "concrete" awards. I am using a mix called Rockite which is halway betweeen plaster and cement. Very porous stuff.

Ruben Salcedo
02-03-2015, 2:45 PM
Just beware that this stuff don't work well in porous surfaces, it could embed into the surface and not be able to removed it completely.

Gary Hair
02-03-2015, 3:09 PM
Great, thanks!

I will be using it for laser-egraving and color-filling "concrete" awards. I am using a mix called Rockite which is halway betweeen plaster and cement. Very porous stuff.

You would probably be better off using sandblast stencil. Much cheaper in the long run and so much easier to apply. You can get it thin enough that detail won't be any problem and it has various adhesion strengths to accommodate whatever substrate you have. Check Anchor stencil - I use 116 for heavy blasting.