PDA

View Full Version : Epilog Rotary

Jeff Belany
02-02-2015, 4:10 PM
I saw on one off the other laser forums (that's not cheating is it??) that Epilog has a new 3 jaw chuck rotary. The first post looked like it was only for the Fusion but a later post says it is available for other models. Anyone here used one of have seen one demoed? Curious how it is priced compared to the standard one.

Jeff in northern Wisconsin

Jeffrey Dewing
02-03-2015, 12:04 AM
I wonder if just the chuck is adaptable to other rotaries? I know the thread on my Trotec is 10mm...

Keith Bielat
02-03-2015, 9:00 AM
I wonder if just the chuck is adaptable to other rotaries? I know the thread on my Trotec is 10mm...
I did this recently. Bought the exact chuck that came on my epilog rotary and had an adapter machined so it fit on my Trotec. My epilog rotary is for a first generation Fibermark, not sure if they have something newer for the fusion now.

Braden Todd
02-03-2015, 9:51 AM
When I bought my ext I requested the 3 jaw chuck rotary too. It was far more expensive compared to the friction rotary and technically not for an ext, not sure if it was just a fiber rotary or what. Does work well, only set back is that I can't go under 600dpi or above 50 speed.

Jeff Belany
02-04-2015, 10:47 AM
Braden,

You also have a Helix -- does the 3 jaw chuck work on that? Just curious. You say more expensive -- twice? Again curious.

Braden Todd
02-04-2015, 3:20 PM
No, the 3 jaw will only fit in my ext. I think it ran around 2700 if memory serves me correctly, but that was also almost 3 years ago now.

Works well and has great precision, I have a few customers that I couldn't do their work without it.

Let me know if you have any other questions I can answer.

greg lindsey
02-07-2015, 2:30 AM
I have one for my Fusion Fibre , newest 3 jaw chuck, fits helix. 3200.00

Jeff Belany
02-07-2015, 12:55 PM
For that much I don't think I could engrave enough glasses in my lifetime to pay for the rotary.(I am getting old)

Your rotary must be different than the other mentioned. His woulod not work on his Helix.