PDA

View Full Version : The Super Bowl: Who watched and who didn't?

Tony Zona
02-02-2015, 8:33 AM
I heard a hundred million people watched the Super Bowl.

Did you?

Paul McGaha
02-02-2015, 8:52 AM
Every play. Great game, exciting finish.

PHM

roger wiegand
02-02-2015, 8:55 AM
You bet! A few tense moments, and a finish that was hard to believe. Could well have been the best Super Bowl game ever. But what were they thinking with that halftime show? Weird/bad/ugly all rolled into one.

Pat Barry
02-02-2015, 8:57 AM
I heard a hundred million people watched the Super Bowl.

Did you?
I doubt you will see that many votes from this website

Jerry Thompson
02-02-2015, 8:58 AM
The halftime show was over done and all flash.

Rich Engelhardt
02-02-2015, 9:04 AM
Nope.
I lost all interest in football when Art Modell snuk out of town with the Browns years ago.
After a few "footballess" Sundays it occurred to me that there was life outside of watching a bunch of overpaid players run around for the benefit of overpaid owners.
Haven't looked back since.

Matt Day
02-02-2015, 9:09 AM
The halftime show was over done and all flash.

Isn't that what it's supposed to be? I thought the technology they used to make the ground basically a giant screen was awesome, same thing they do at Cavs games but on a much bigger scale.

Steve Rozmiarek
02-02-2015, 9:29 AM
My 11 year old daughter watched it, and was very into it. I couldn't bring myself to be interested. I have to wonder if that's the intended demographic presentation.

Larry Frank
02-02-2015, 9:33 AM
Great game to the end.

Half time is a good time to get something to eat....

Commercials were supposed par but the Budweiser commercial with the dog was very good...Does not make me want to drink one. Most time I can not figure out why the commercial makes me want to buy a product.

Brian Hale
02-02-2015, 9:39 AM
Who won? :rolleyes:

Malcolm Schweizer
02-02-2015, 9:47 AM
Who won? :rolleyes:

The networks selling ad space at $9 million per minute were the clear winners.

Paul McGaha
02-02-2015, 9:57 AM
For the dog loving creekers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAsjRRMMg_Q

To me the best of the super bowl commercials by far.

PHM

Kent A Bathurst
02-02-2015, 10:02 AM
Wait a minute !! The game was on LAST night?

I thought it was tonight.

DId I miss anything important?

Tom Stenzel
02-02-2015, 11:11 AM

No.

Interest in football had been high but due to deflation it had gone down.:p

With two teenage daughters interest in the halftime show was sky high so we watched. The game - not at all and didn't watch.

At least with Katy Perry they brought in someone that had a hit in THIS century. I like Lenny Kravitz but thought his being there was a bit odd. Miss Elliot was a big huh? Those two could have been left out and the halftime show would have been just as inexplicable. Dancing sharks- wow.

-Tom

Myk Rian
02-02-2015, 11:25 AM
That's the ONLY game I watch.

Myk Rian
02-02-2015, 11:26 AM

Just the last 5 minutes of the game.

Mel Miller
02-02-2015, 11:31 AM
No interest in watching, and a little tired of the pregame hype on the news.

Howard Garner
02-02-2015, 11:49 AM
Went to bed at the middle of the 3rd period with the Sea Hawks ahead and driving.
Didn't miss anything as far as I am concerned.

Howard

Chris Padilla
02-02-2015, 11:50 AM
My 11 year old daughter watched it, and was very into it. I couldn't bring myself to be interested. I have to wonder if that's the intended demographic presentation.

My soon-to-be 13-year old daughter told me to call her down from her room when it was halftime so she could catch Katy Perry.

Pat Barry
02-02-2015, 12:29 PM
Its anti-american to not watch this game, isn't it?

Bruce Page
02-02-2015, 12:30 PM
I thought it was a great game.
The Seahawks have the best "Beast Mode" running back in the league who can literally carry 2-3 defensive players on his back while running and they throw the ball. Stupid! Carroll will regret that call the rest of his life.

Judson Green
02-02-2015, 12:36 PM
Isn't that what it's supposed to be? I thought the technology they used to make the ground basically a giant screen was awesome, same thing they do at Cavs games but on a much bigger scale.

I thought the half time was fine and total agree whatever tech was used to make the field a screen was really amazing.

But I dozed off sometime in the third quarter, fortunately I woke up just before the end of the game.

Steve Peterson
02-02-2015, 1:41 PM
I have no interest (or time) to watch any sports on TV. My 9 year old son is starting flag football this spring and wanted to watch. He tuned in for about a minute during Q3 before switching back to the Discovery channel.

Steve

Matt Day
02-02-2015, 1:51 PM
I dozed off in the third too, woke up with 1:50 left in the fourth.

Re: performers at half time. It was Pepsi sponsored and so were all the performers.

Wade Lippman
02-02-2015, 2:13 PM
My wife yelled at me to get upstairs to see a replay of the most incredible play; the Seattle making a bizarre catch at the 1 yard line with 30 seconds left. They never showed that, but I got to see the interception with 20 seconds left. That was all I saw of it.
If the whole game was like that, I really missed something. Probably not.

But really, they pay someone $20M a year to call a pass with three downs left on the 1 yard line?

Larry Browning
02-02-2015, 2:32 PM
I watched it all. I think it was the only NFL game I watch from start to finish all season. I enjoy college football much more. Did anyone else notice that on several occasions when New England had an incomplete pass, the Seattle defender would pick up the ball and squeeze it?
My favorite commercial was the one with Bryant Gumbel and Katie Couric where they are talking about email and the internet. Half time show was garbage. When are they going to start writing original songs again? The music (and artists) now all sounds the same. I think that was a quote from my dad in about 1968. I now feel his pain!

Moses Yoder
02-02-2015, 4:04 PM
I did not have a TV while growing up and never got started on watching sports. It actually makes very little sense to me. I probably would have watched if the Colts were in it, but why watch a game with two teams I don''t know a thing about? I am reading a 1913 edition of "Pilgrim's Progress", leather bound and gilt edged , a pot of really good coffee, it just doesn't get any better.

Andrew Joiner
02-02-2015, 4:54 PM
For the dog loving creekers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAsjRRMMg_Q

To me the best of the super bowl commercials by far.

PHM

Thanks for the link Paul. I got tears in my eyes. Almost as many tears as when I saw Old Yeller.

Matt Day
02-02-2015, 4:58 PM
that Budweiser commercial was so predictable, same basic commercial regurgitated over and over.

That being said I may have a shed a tear or two watching Marley and Me on an in flight movie.

Kent A Bathurst
02-02-2015, 7:04 PM
Best was Paralympian Amy Purdy, with The Champ's speech:

"I done handcuffed lighting,
thrown thunder in jail.......

I'm gonna show you how great I am"

Bert Kemp
02-02-2015, 10:19 PM
Really you didn't like the show wow I thought it was amazing, the color the light the fireworks, the costumes . Oh well

You bet! A few tense moments, and a finish that was hard to believe. Could well have been the best Super Bowl game ever. But what were they thinking with that halftime show? Weird/bad/ugly all rolled into one.

Bill Clifton
02-02-2015, 10:36 PM
Watched every play. Super game, probably the best of all time. Too old to be into Katy Perry.

Mike Ontko
02-02-2015, 11:22 PM
I'm originally from Minnesota, and after having grown up watching the Vikings make it to 4 superbowls and then lose all of them, I'd pretty much given up on being a regular football spectator. But being in the Seattle area for most of the past 25 years, it's been easy to fall into watching the Seahawks from time to time, especially over the last two years. I was as dumbstruck as anyone else to see it end the way it did. Back to hockey for the rest of the season. Go Canucks!