PDA

View Full Version : wiring of exhaust fan connector

karen dignazio
02-01-2015, 5:03 PM
Recently purchased a trotec speedy 100 and a separate exhaust from Penn State Industries. Does anyone have a copy of wiring schematics for this?

Dan Hintz
02-02-2015, 6:47 AM
I don't have it in front of me, but I know it was posted in an earlier thread. Be aware, you will need to control a relay with the laser, not the exhaust itself. If memory serves, the control signal is 24V and good up to 100mA (or thereabouts).

karen dignazio
02-02-2015, 11:16 AM
I don't have it in front of me, but I know it was posted in an earlier thread. Be aware, you will need to control a relay with the laser, not the exhaust itself. If memory serves, the control signal is 24V and good up to 100mA (or thereabouts).

I searched previous threads and did find one where someone asked the same question but did not see any actual diagram.
Thanks for your reply and information on the control signal.

Dan Hintz
02-02-2015, 12:04 PM
I don't recall an actual schematic, per se, but the pinout was provided (text form), which should give you everything you need.

Mark Sipes
02-02-2015, 4:42 PM
I am sure Trotec would send you a diagram for the wiring. They have given me almost everything I have asked for. Tech support is great in my opinion.

Tony Lenkic
02-02-2015, 4:54 PM
Karen,

For Penn blower all you need is a switch beside the laser and turn it on prior to pressing go on Trotec JC.
My blower is in garage so I don't hear all the noise. I ran 120v wire from switch to outlet where blower is plugged in.

Mike Lassiter
02-03-2015, 12:18 AM
Here is what I use on mine. http://www.pennstateind.com/store/LR2244.html

I have a 3-1/2 HP 240 volt blower that is at the other end of my shop inside a insulated (for noise) closet that is turned on and off by the remote control that is placed on the top of my laser by the control panel. Also available in 120 volt here http://www.pennstateind.com/store/LR110-3.html
I have used this since 2008 with Zero trouble and still have the original battery in the remote control.

Gary Hair
08-24-2015, 5:45 PM
Did you ever find the info you were looking for Karen? I would like to do the same thing with my Speedy 400, if possible.

I searched previous threads and did find one where someone asked the same question but did not see any actual diagram.
Thanks for your reply and information on the control signal.