PDA

View Full Version : Off topic but still considers wood

John C Bush
02-01-2015, 12:25 PM
Looking forward to a great SB game, but here's hoping the Hawks put the wood to the Patriots!

scott vroom
02-01-2015, 12:53 PM
This is one of many reasons I won't be watching the Stupid Bowl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1kvwXsZtU8

...and another:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ub4eo3liDHU

Nice role model.

Jim Koepke
02-01-2015, 1:08 PM
It seems the event has summed itself up rather nicely... XLIX

Change the I to an A and you will have an idea of why I won't be watching.

Now if the 49ers got into Superbowl 49 I might have watched some of the game.

jtk

scott vroom
02-01-2015, 2:26 PM
Took me a moment to get it...ROFL!

Are you a Bay Area transplant? Kaepernick has gotten into the habit of stonewalling the press as well...inane answers. Last interview I watched he answered every question with "We need to do a better job of executing". These jackasses have no humility....classless & spoiled by the wealth.

Steve Rozmiarek
02-01-2015, 2:27 PM
That's today???

Raymond Fries
02-01-2015, 2:44 PM
TV is off here. I never watch the games. Would rather be making sawdust.

Years ago, I bought a $5 square on the Super Bowl pool at work. I won one of the $50 prizes and everyone was so mad because I was not even watching the game.

Who is it again that is playiing today? The Lakers and the Cubs? LOL. I just cannot seem to follow it.

Hope everyone that does watch really enjoys the game.

Take Care...

Mike Cutler
02-01-2015, 2:57 PM
It's a chance to hang out with good friends before another snowstorm whacks us tonight. The game is kind of secondary.
Oh yeah, I'm in a pool too. ;)

Kent A Bathurst
02-01-2015, 2:57 PM
That's today???

:D :D :D

Perfect.

Kent A Bathurst
02-01-2015, 3:00 PM
....Who is it again that is playiing today? The Lakers and the Cubs? ..

Raymond: If it is a championship game of any caliber in any sport, you know 2 things for certain;

1. The Cubs are not playing
2. The Lions are not playing.

Bert Kemp
02-01-2015, 3:02 PM
Wishful Thinking GO PATS!!

Looking forward to a great SB game, but here's hoping the Hawks put the wood to the Patriots!

Raymond Fries
02-01-2015, 3:19 PM
Raymond: If it is a championship game of any caliber in any sport, you know 2 things for certain;

LOL - you proved my point that I do not follow. I admit it; I am no sports guy. As Steve pointed out though, hanging with the guys is cool. Hope everyone has a great day. Getting alot of snow here today and practicing taking snow pictures.

Tom Stenzel
02-01-2015, 4:04 PM

This lifelong Detroiter can say only one thing: You sure know how to hurt a guy. But the evidence overwhelming and cannot be denied.

Ken, from some of your other posts it's clear why Detroit declared bankruptcy. You took all the good stuff and about 1/2 of Tiger Stadium with you when you hightailed it down South. I've considered getting a posse together, saddling up, and go galloping down I-75 to you know, get our stuff back.

Of course when I consider what we've gotten from Georgia (Ty Cobb, Ernie Harwell, Jason Verlander*) we might just have to call it even!

-Tom

* I know Jason was born in Virginia but to this geography-challenged Northerner that's close enough!

Kent A Bathurst
02-01-2015, 5:16 PM
This lifelong Detroiter can say only one thing: You sure know how to hurt a guy. But the evidence overwhelming and cannot be denied.

Ken, from some of your other posts it's clear why Detroit declared bankruptcy. You took all the good stuff and about 1/2 of Tiger Stadium with you when you hightailed it down South. I've considered getting a posse together, saddling up, and go galloping down I-75 to you know, get our stuff back.

Of course when I consider what we've gotten from Georgia (Ty Cobb, Ernie Harwell, Jason Verlander*) we might just have to call it even!

-Tom

* I know Jason was born in Virginia but to this geography-challenged Northerner that's close enough!

Tom - y'all come on down - I am 2 miles off I-75. I gots the beer we can drink in the Tiger Stadium reserved seats.

You forgot the Atlanta cheap shot about Smoltz for Doyle Alexander. I think that was one of the best trades I have ever seen - if you are close, you MUST take your shot. Alexander comes into Detroit after the break and goes 9-0. Without him, they would not have been anywhere close to the Jays in '87. And - yeah - Smoltz turned out to be Smoltz, but not that year.

I am a huge Tigers fan, Wings fan, and Spartans fan. Wolverines suck eggs, in my world. And the Lions have been so bad, for so long, that the only really interesting thing in recent memory was the Nothing is Possible year. You cannot root for them to win with any decent odds of success, so they turned it on its head.

Lee Reep
02-01-2015, 5:25 PM
This is one of many reasons I won't be watching the Stupid Bowl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1kvwXsZtU8

...and another:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ub4eo3liDHU

Nice role model.

None of these clowns are worthy of being a role model, but I kind of found his responses refreshing (i've only heard the short sound bite, and know nothing about the guy). The media asks such inane questions. In general I've given up watching most sports. Blood pressure is better, mood is more cheerful, and lots more time to go to the shop. That being said, my wife is dragging me to her brother's place for the game. Guess I'll just overeat and get a slight buzz ...

Lee Schierer
02-01-2015, 5:28 PM
I just watch most years for the commercials.

Kent A Bathurst
02-01-2015, 5:55 PM
I just watch most years for the commercials.

That is the best part, Lee. 'Cept I wait a day and watch on-line.

The Chrysler commercials for the past few years have been ground-breaking, IMO. Eminem's Imported from Detroit "This is the Motor City". Clint Eastwood Halftime in America. Paul Harvey "And so God made a farmer". And Bob Dylan - "We.....Will Build.....Your Car."

How do they get guys like that to do a commercial? It can't be just about the money - am sure it is a lot, but they all got many, many lots already. The appeal of the writing and the production must weigh big - someone can doggone sell the concept to the big names.