PDA

View Full Version : minor auction gloat

Tom Sweeney
05-31-2003, 1:12 PM
I just got back from an auction & a yard sale. The auction advertised tools - lathe - bandsaw etc..

They were all basic craftsman but I figured if I could get them cheap enough they would do for now.

I got a 1 3/4 HP router (almost new), some bits & accessories mounted to a very cheap plastic router table for $27 a little more than I wanted to spend but not bad.

I bid up to $32 on the craftsman 12" direct drive lathe. Guy got it for $35 then decided it was too small for him so he let me have it for the $35 -I know it's not much but for the $$ it will get me started on that slippery slope - or frustrate me so much I won't want to get involved with that particular addiction.

The 12" bandsaw I figured I'd go to $85 on it - the bidding was left to me & another guy but I dropped out at $95 so he got it for $100 pretty good buy there but I didn't want to go any higher.

I also picked up a motor mounted on pillow blocks onto a wood base with a flapper type sanding disk on it for $2

Then there was the 8/4 X 6" X5' walnut "plank" with the flame crotch figure in the middle - I got that for $1

Then I went to a huge yard sale my cousin was having - this guy is a long story but suffice it to say he has the best of everything & none of it's used very much - he was pretty cleaned out by the time I got there but I did get a decent brand new in the box HVLP paint sprayer & a pleated filter for my Ridgid shop vac for $10.

He sold a bunch of his tools to a mutual friend so I'm going to try & talk the guy out of the new in the box bostich 15 G finish nailer he got for $100 with a bunch of nails :(

If anyone wants a nice New Holland skid loader with 85 hours on it & a trailer for $12,500 let me know he has it for sale.

Well I'm off to the shop to try & make room for the "new" stuff :D

Is there a self help program for auction addicts?