PDA

View Full Version : Question for thouse that have upgraded Grizzly G0609 12 Jointer to Byrd head

Keith Hankins
01-31-2015, 11:41 PM
Ok I'm considering upgrading to the Byrd head on my G0609 Parallogram Jointer. Question for anybody that may have done it. Does the proceedure throw the tables out of parallel. I can see that process alone being a nightmare to redo.

Any tips or tricks to do it right.

I bought my 12" back in 2007, and believe it or not, that head is cheaper now than back then.

Thanks in advance.

Jim Andrew
02-01-2015, 11:54 AM
I bought the same jointer, and the Byrd head, installed it right away after I got it. Has been several years, but as I recall think I took off the infeed table to get it in. Had no problems at all, just took the bolts out and set the table out of the way, removed the cutterhead, used a puller to remove the bearings, and slipped them on the Byrd cutterhead, and installed it, put the table back on, checked it with a long straight edge, and it was still exactly right. Adjusting the tables are not hard on the parallelagram jointer anyway, keep your book handy.

Steve Kohn
02-01-2015, 10:57 PM
I did mine about 3 years ago. I don't recall taking any of the tables off. I do remember it was a pain to get in there.