PDA

View Full Version : Kreg ToolBox and Kaizen Foam

Anthony Whitesell
01-31-2015, 10:53 PM
I picked up a Kreg Toolbox and screw kit for a really good price. Upon unwrapping the kit I found the bottom of the of the toolbox was empty with nothing to to hold the jigs in place. I was thinking of using the Kaizen foam to fill in the bottom of the toolbox, which measures about 90mm deep. I'm trying to decide whether to go with the 57mm thick or 3 stacked pieces of 30mm.

Does anyone have the Kreg toolbox? Filled with Kaizen foam? Is the 57mm thick enough or should I go with the 3x30mm?

If I opt for the 3 pieces of 30mm, how can I adhere them together? Glue or double sided tape?

Would you do it again? Do you have photos?

Rick Moyer
02-01-2015, 10:08 AM
Just my opinion, and I don't know what you will have in the toolbox, but I have found that it doesn't matter if something sticks up above the foam pretty far as long as you cut the opening close to the "tool" perimeter. You may find that the 30mm is deep enough for much of it. btw, I love how the Kaizen foam keeps everything in it's place. I had some shallow drawers under my hutch/bench that didn't come out quite all the way out, and now I don't have to reach back for everything that previously found it's way to the back of the drawer. I also know when I haven't replaced a wrench, screwdriver, etc. as I can see that it is missing in the drawer.
I can't help with adhering two pieces as I have not done so. You may want to contact FastCap directly and ask them.