PDA

View Full Version : Frame slop

Rob Preston
01-31-2015, 11:26 AM
any ideas what this means guys ? on my shenhui 350 laser i keep getting this message and i cant do anything ? totally baffled, think i have to reset the origin but dont know how to

thanks

Ray Scott
01-31-2015, 11:38 AM
any ideas what this means guys ? on my shenhui 350 laser i keep getting this message and i cant do anything ? totally baffled, think i have to reset the origin but dont know how to

thanks

Hello,

Please tell us a it more about your laser machine. Does this machine use servos? Does it use steppers?

What is the workable size? What is the size of the project the causes the errors?

Given that a complex design causes this problem, would a simple rectangle of the same size cause this problem?

if you make a 2 inch project in the middle of your worktable... And run it slowly.. Does the error occur?

How often .... And when does the error happen?

Ray Scott

Rob Preston
01-31-2015, 11:44 AM
thank you ray, not really sure regarding servos or steppers ? not mechanicaly minded. i have tried a square maybe 3 x 3 and keep getting the message frame slop. my workspace is 500mm x 300 mm. at is happening everytime i select a file ?

thanks

Dave Sheldrake
01-31-2015, 12:14 PM
Frame Slop is Chinese/English for Frame Stop, it means you are trying to work outside of the machines hard limits :) (or Hard Stop)

Rob Preston
01-31-2015, 12:41 PM
Thank you dave
i had a feeling that's what it meant , but I can't get it back to where it should be ?

Bert Kemp
01-31-2015, 2:22 PM
It would really help if you put your machine , size and watts in your signature were working blind here

Rob Preston
01-31-2015, 4:09 PM
Hopefully I have altered my signature

Rich Harman
01-31-2015, 4:12 PM
In LaserWorks, at the bottom left of the screen is a drop down menu where you can choose "Current Location", "Machine Zero", or something else which I can't recall at the moment ("Origin" I think). Sometimes this will get changed to "Machine Zero" all on it's own - which will then cause the "Frame Slop" error. I almost always use "Current Location".

To reset the origin simply manually jog the laser head to where you want it and push the "Origin" button on the LCD panel.

Clark Pace
01-31-2015, 7:36 PM
It would really help if you put your machine , size and watts in your signature were working blind here

You can vector cut your whole table size, but the laser head needs about The left and right margins to engrave. So if you have a 18" table you can only really only engrave 16", but you can vector cut 18"

Allen Roof
02-01-2015, 4:38 AM
Had same problem with my machine. Had to draw a box in laserworks / rdcam the size of my table and set as no output option. Everything engraved fine after that. Hope this helps.